With our latest firmware and iOS version 6, you can can now use the following compatible Native Instruments Audio Interfaces with your iPad:
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 with firmware version 47
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 with firmware version 48
- TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 with firmware version 42
- KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 with firmware version 45 (powered USB hub required)
The firmware update enables multichannel audio output from TRAKTOR DJ as well as other iOS audio applications supporting the Core Audio framework on the iPad.
Note: Since the iPad does not provide sufficient power over the USB connection, always use the power adapter for the TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 and TRAKTOR AUDIO 10.
Follow the instructions below to update the compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface listed above. Learn more about the settings and requirements for using external audio interfaces with TRAKTOR DJ in our article How to Use Traktor DJ with an External Audio Interface.
Update the firmware of your Native Instruments Audio Interface
The firmware of your compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface can be updated with the Native Instruments Device Updater as explained below:
- Make sure that your compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface is currently connected to the computer.
- Download the latest Device Updater for your Native Instruments audio interface from the Drivers & other Files section on our website.
- Open your download folder and run the file "DeviceUpdater".
- This will open up an Update panel where you will see the name and current firmware number of your device, as well as the firmware number to be installed.
- Click on the Update button to start the firmware update process.
- A dialog box will ask you to stop any audio playback. Quit all applications which might output audio and confirm again by clicking Update. The soundcard will flash during the update installation.
- At the end of the procedure, the panel will confirm the successful installation. Click on Exit to leave the panel.
- The firmware of your compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface has now been successfully updated.
- The use of iOS 6.0 or higher is required to use your compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface with the iPad. If you have not done so yet, you can download iOS 6 (latest update) from the System Preferences of your iPad.
- Additionally, you will need either an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (more info here) or a Lighting to USB Camera Adapter (more info here) so you can connect your compatible Native Instruments Audio Interface to the iPad. Both items can be purchased at the Apple Store or at your local Apple retailer.