If your MASCHINE controller remains dark after connecting it to the computer and only shows the MASCHINE logo on its displays, please disconnect your MASCHINE hardware and make sure to have installed the latest version of MASCHINE software . You will find the latest MASCHINE updates for download in your Service Center or in the Personal Update Manager of our website.Note: If you are a Windows user, make sure that the MASCHINE driver is correctly installed on your system, as explained in this article.
In case your MASCHINE hardware is still not being recognized, there may be an issue with the Native Instruments hardware service which is also installed on your system. To verify this, launch the application Controller Editor from here:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.app"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.exe"
If you receive an error message indicating that the hardware controller support is not running when launching Controller Editor, proceed with the steps below to solve the issue:
- Download the latest version of the Controller Editor from the Drivers & Other Files page on our website.
- Disconnect all NI controllers from the computer and restart it.
- Quit all running audio applications.
- Install the latest Controller Editor version.
- When the installation is completed, restart your computer.
- Connect your MASCHINE controller to the computer.
Your MASCHINE controller should start up correctly now.