Ableton: Importing MIDI loops that could be automated

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by itchiamg, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itchiamg

itchiamg Forum Member

Hello,

I am a very new user of Maschine and a very inexperienced producer. I have been producing with Drum Racks in Ableton and I really love the ability to access the several parts of a drum kit loops in the sequencer and be able to individually add effects, etc and automate these along the arrangement time line.

I have tried to use Battery, but although one creates the patterns via MIDI keyboard with the ability to later automate and effect the components of the kit, none of these elements are labeled with the original sound elements' name when accessed in the host program. Instead, one gets the names of the various CC numbered MIDI channels or something like that (which I find very frustrating...)

Now with Maschine, I love how easy and intuitive the beat creation process is but would love to be able to export MIDI loops from Maschine (running as a VST plugin) that could be automated and that come with all the individual parts of the kit labeled with the original names as separate elements that could be further mixed/edited/effected/automated in the host sequencer time line.

Is this possible at all with the current version of Maschine or will it ever be? (I hope so, and I hope I am making any sense with all of the explanations given above...)

Thanks in advance for your answers!

itchiamg
  2. pawcut

pawcut Forum Member

the 1.5 update which is announced for beta testing around february will allow you to drag 'n drop midi jus like its possible with audio since 1.1.
    you could record midi notes now as well , but the only ctrl info that will be exportted is note on , pitch and vel.
    dont know how labeling will be, but audio files are labeled when exported , so i guess midi files should be labeled as well
  3. itchiamg

itchiamg Forum Member

Thanks for the reply, that's great to hear that some sort of the MIDI control will be included in the next update. Do you know if one would have access to all of the elements that compose the kit?

For example if I had a MASCHINE kit that consisted of a drum kick, a snare and a hi-hat, and I wanted to add a compressor to my drum kick, a reverb to my snare and a delay to my hi-hat via the DAW effects while automating the paramaters of those effects over time; would Maschine allow to do it with the next update?

Thanks and happy new year man!

i.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.