Adding New Library

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Larry Alexander, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Alexander

Larry Alexander Forum Member

Can someone please walk me through adding a new library, in that particular view in Kontakt 3.5? I can't make it work for some reason. Also, some of the libraries that already show in that view are "flaky" and don't list all of the instruments in a library.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
  2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

1. Click Add Library.
    2. Point it to the library folder.
    3. Done.

This feature is intended only for Player libraries, that is, products that shipped with Kontakt Player or its several different versions. It won't work on just a folder of patches.
  3. Larry Alexander

In the past, I did 1, 2 and 3 and a message said, "...library not found." You are saying that it won't work with all of my sample libraries, right?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
  4. algodon

algodon Forum Member

I learned this the hard way. As David said, the ADD LIBRARY function only works with Player libraries. To load non-Player patches you have to go to the disk icon, select LOAD and then go to the specific folder where the .nki files you're trying to load are.

Hope this helps.

Steve
  5. Larry Alexander

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
  6. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz NI Product Owner

If you want all your stuff to show up on the library page just copy everything into subdirectories of the kontakt 3 library. They will then show up in the list under the kontakt 3 library.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  7. Larry Alexander

Thanks for your message, but that's completely opposite to what the above posts say. (?)

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
  8. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz NI Product Owner

It works just like I said though. it won't give all your libraries their own pane but it will allow you to navigate them all from the library page. this doesn't seem to work for multis for some reason though.
  9. Larry Alexander

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
  10. JavaJ

JavaJ NI Product Owner

Wow- that just seems dumb and not intuitive at all. I did a DB rebuild and it also added the patches from Elektrik Piano (but nothing else- alhough I haven't put in the Akoustic Piano yet). I was hoping there would be a way to import custom-make libraries so I had one spot to go and see ALL my libraries. I am new to this package- but honestly- it's at version 3.5 and this how it is done- this must have been brought up in the past (and maybe there is a good answer as to why they created it this way). Do commercial libraries show up under the Library page (those that are not sold by NI?)- If so- then that would make sense (you would likely have to pay a license fee to be able to create the "special" library files).
  11. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

The library page was not intended for user patches. It is specifically for registered content like the stock library. Also, for specific Kontakt player, Kompakt, powerd by NI, or powered by kontakt libraries. These are libraries that developers get a license to to deliver their libraries with the Kontakt player as one package. These libraries have to be activated with a serial # before use.

Other Kontakt libraries are simply user patches and samples that the developer sells and these do not show up in the library tab. The NI piano libraries show up because they are in fact player libraries. You can still get the other patches to show up with the trick above though.
  12. dezai

dezai NI Product Owner

It would be nice if the original Kompakt and Kontakt I & II patches (and even Battery I, II, & III patches) appeared in the library view without resorting to Ah_dziz's suggestion. I much prefer the library browser over the regular file tree view.
  13. bridude2001

bridude2001 New Member

Accidentally deleted Kontakt library icon

Anyone know how to get back the Kontakt 3 library into the library tab?
    Tried to add but got the dreaded no library found error message

thanks for your help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.