another Machine not working in ableton as a controller post

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dj_rice, Nov 11, 2011.

1. dj_rice

dj_rice New Member

hey all,

i had maschine going in ableton fine for about a few weeks but then i bought a midi keyboard. Novation nocturn 49, now when i have both of them hooked up the maschine wont work....
    In ableton midi mode (command+m) the nocturn keyboard works perfect but the maschine isnt recognised... the play and record buttons on the maschine dont function at all and the midi input (yellow square at the top of the screen of ableton) doesnt flash when i press aby buttons on the maschine but it does light up when i hit a key on the nocturn...

At one stage they were working but for some f&%ked up reason they dont work.... Its pretty frustrating....

Any help or screenshot of the midi settings in ableton would be fantastic so i can just copy it...

rice
  2. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Hey thanks for pointing this out!

Had the same issue, quitted the AutomapServer and it seems to work right now.
    Hope they are fixing this 'cause I really need my Automap too!

IGNORE THIS, just happened again and AutomapServer was off.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

who do you mean by 'they' - Novation?
    What if you use a different MIDI channel?
  4. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

No I mean Native Instruments!

The problem just happened again.
    Maschine as controller did loose it's midi connection within Live and the AutomapServer was Off so it must be a Maschine only bug!

Different midi channel doesn't change a thing and I can't see why it would if Automap was off anyway.

So annoying, I really need to be able to use Maschine as a controller too.

Thanks for the advice anyway, I do appreciate it!
  5. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Well, you originally said that Automap was on, which was why I suggested another MIDI channel.
    Report the bug to NI tech support so they can assist.
  6. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Ah yes I see, that could indeed make a difference! Thanks.
    Yup I did report the bug, so now I can only wait I guess ...
  7. hyena666

hyena666 NI Product Owner

they replied to my message to the support, i have the same issues. they say they are working on it, it is a known and yet unfixed bug. we have to be patients it seems...i'd love to do a proper maschine\ableton liveset...
  8. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Yup just got the same mail today. It's a good thing more users file in these bug reports so they now it's really a Maschine bug.
  9. dj_rice

dj_rice New Member

SO ITS A MASCHINE PROBLEM? (noob question)
    ---

by 'they' i meant the maschine..
  10. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Sooo is there anyone who knows how long I will have to wait for a controller update?
    (probably not but wanted to bump this thread anyway).

I'm really waiting for this as I'm making a new template I would love to share!
  11. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Anybody who nows a workaround? I really can't work without Maschine as controller ... Maschine still loses it's midi connection inside live, everything just freezes.

I did file in a bug report and NI replied:
    But no no news about a new update.

Sorry if I sound too pushy but I'm loosing time because I had too change my workflow because of this :(
  12. continuous

continuous NI Product Owner

Same problem here...

I have Maschine set up to control sends, track volume etc. and it is completely unreliable when I throw it into midi mode. This was NEVER an issue until the 1.7 update.
  13. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Yup same here. And like you, I build my whole workflow around maschine so this is really annoying me. I don't know why they are waiting so long for an update. They confirmed the bug and they also know usb connection for the controller is - pretty (sarcasm mode on) - important for most users. If it was just a small bug you could ignore or work around I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks but if you're a professional musician and producer it's a b.tch to change your workflow for something like this...
  14. gherat

gherat New Member

same problem over here, the Maschine freezes after a certain amount of time.
  15. Sarrova-Q

Sarrova-Q Forum Member

Do you have the latest updates? With the new controller editor version I have no problems anymore.