Anyone seen a DJ/performer live using Maschine?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by robbieds, Apr 24, 2012.

1. robbieds

robbieds NI Product Owner

Hey just wondering if people have been witness to Maschine performance in a Club or at a festival, I know some famous artists use Maschine in their set up, but not to a large extent.

I 've seen the jeremy ellis vid and dj shiftee and they rely on the controller for much of the performace (moreso Jeremy Ellis).

And if you did see it live, were they just using it for effects and patterns or mixing, or jamming away on it with cues or drum kit?

I'm looking at implementing maschine into Live performace stuff, I feel like it has great potential in ableton and some in traktor.
  2. de wouzer

de wouzer NI Product Owner

3. StevenJames

StevenJames Forum Member

4. purpleandbianco

purpleandbianco NI Product Owner

5. AudioTrip

AudioTrip NI Product Owner

Chris Liebing uses along with Traktor...from what I could see from the videos he adds top layers most of the time. Sometimes just drops ready patterns and sometimes does it on-the-fly with the step sequencer. Plus of course live tweaking of FXs
  6. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_iH5hGF210"]Mount Kimbie's live set at the Boiler Room #29 for the Young Turks takeover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1htNKK_6hQ"]Mount Kimbie: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert - YouTube[/ame]
  7. euklides

euklides Forum Member

Byetone at Berghain, Berlin.
  8. runningoutofspace

runningoutofspace Forum Member

Hawtin, Dubfire, Chris L and Speedy J use Maschine with Traktor and/or Live.

Look up DeeJay Endo's videos on youtube and Dubspot if you want some great info/help on internal clock sync with virtual midi.
  9. patrick.olson86

patrick.olson86 Forum Member

Arguably the best dj in my city, Minneapolis, uses maschine.
  10. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

I do it all the time :)
  11. robbieds

How do you run it in your set up?

@runningoutofspace ya I've seen that, and I've just got maschine set up in ableton, and they sync automatically. I'm confused on why Hawtin and others (chris L = Chris lake?) would want too use ableton,maschine and traktor all together. Seems very Instensive for a Laptop
  12. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

13. mateoni

mateoni Forum Member

Me too and a group of boys of barcelona. I dont remember their name
  14. Tony Cagnoni

Tony Cagnoni Forum Member

Tony Cagnoni does it all the time :p
  15. Phantom Lamb

Phantom Lamb Forum Member

I use it for controlling loops...
  16. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

DJ Enferno displays an awesome use of the Maschine!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuwnAIkD8E"]DJ Enferno - Avicii vs. Kanye West Live Remix @ Barcode Washington DC - YouTube[/ame]
  17. robbieds

18. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

Not too sure but I can see he's using Serato
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  19. Tony Cagnoni

Tony Cagnoni Forum Member

use serato and ableton(bridge)...and maschine use in controller mode for ableton
  20. robbieds

That's a sick set up.

So when the bridge is going, you take scene program changes or clips from live and put them in a deck in serato? Never used the Bridge or even researched it so a litlle curious.

I have a template with maschine as a vst in a 4 channel ableton mixer with scene program changes. Could my maschine template work with the Bridge?