can i trigger the grain modules via midi?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by NIMichi, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NIMichi

NIMichi Forum Member

They run even when the host sequencer is not running, in thi case they are useless to me. I cant see a way how to trigger them via midi. I cant program it because i dont understand anything inside reaktor.
  2. ~Pd~

~Pd~ Forum Member

Multiply the outputs of the grain module with the output of an envelope module. That way it will only be audible when a midi note is playing. See attachment.

Attached Files:

3. NIMichi

NIMichi Forum Member

Thx, it is working, but why multiplying?
  4. ~Pd~

~Pd~ Forum Member

To scale the output of the grain module. The envelope is at zero when there's no note playing so the value after the multiplication module will be zero. I think the envelope peaks at 1 so at that point whatever it's multiplying will be at full volume.
  5. NIMichi

NIMichi Forum Member

But the module is always playing, but if I want to restart every single MIDI note, it must be another way.
  6. ~Pd~

~Pd~ Forum Member

That's why the grain sampler modules have a G input, for the MIDI gate signal. That will trigger grain restarts, which can make a big difference in sound.
  7. sowari

sowari Moderator

put Grainland into the search engine in the User Library, and you will find an upload that has examples of simple Graincloud Ensembles - that play all the time - to more complex ones that are triggered with MIDI.

sowari
  8. masso

masso Forum Member

Interesting. Browsing the User library for grainland renders only a document. Anyone know if there are ensembles that use MIDI gate for controlling startpoints and MIDI note number where to read in a wav for graingeneration?
  9. sowari

sowari Moderator

:confused:

what is this then:

http://co.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=userlibrary&type=0&ulbr=1&plview=detail&patchid=5598

the tutorial itself has disappeared fron the NI site but the Ensembles are there. you need to be a registered owner of the User Library - and to login - if you want to download the Ensembles.

sowari
  10. masso

masso Forum Member

Haha, thanks sowari! That's the tutorials - and there are ensembles in there. Didn't see that.