1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Crashed with Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Navygate, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Hi!
    I don't know if your MASCHINE has crashed yet but I had this 3 times now with the following Error window.
    I just want to check if anybody came across this message or if it might be just my computer.

Attached Files:

2. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Crashlog File

... if MASCHINE creates a Maschine-mini.nicrash file in the Crashlogs folder, to which email address of NI should i send it?
    I was just thinking that it might help them to troubleshoot and bugfix issues for the next update.

Attached Files:

3. ew

ew Moderator

Post here and attach it. .nicrash is a valid extension for attachments.

ew
  4. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Attached file

Hi ew!
    Thanks a lot! Thats a good option... here is the file.

Attached Files:

5. ew

ew Moderator

Another thing to do in that situation- I've had that happen with Maschine as a standalone when first starting up.

If you get that when trying to start Maschine, try opening it as a plugin in a mini host such as Chainer or XT2. This will usually work. Then, close your minihost and launch Maschine as a standalone.

ew
  6. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Maschine VSTi crashed when I loaded a sample (ride cymbal). Will the crashlog be forwarded to NI Technical Support?

Attached Files:

7. ew

ew Moderator

Yes, it will. Henning and James will see it and pass it on to the appropriate people.

ew
  8. diversgens01

diversgens01 NI Product Owner

I have Maschine since 3 days, it's a really great piece of gear but i have encounter two crash randomly (one starting Maschine, one selecting a sample in the library) here they are:

Attached Files:

9. solar28

solar28 NI Product Owner

I too am getting hard crashes -- 'blah has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way' and the same runtime error as OP. Mine has happened upon hitting the group buttons during recording -- not always. It has happened w/ demo projects and my own. CPU usage is really low when this is occuring <50% in most cases.

XP SP2
    Centrino 1.8 ghz
    1 gig ram

Haven't tried as vsti.
  10. ew

ew Moderator

Welcome =)

If you're getting a .nicrash file (and you should be), post it here as an attachment.

You'll find them at:

My Documents\Native Instrument\Maschine\Crashlogs

ew
  11. solar28

solar28 NI Product Owner

thx ew. There have been no crashlogs,, :( The message is "application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way".

This 4th time (happened each time I've run it) I had just recorded a sample, recorded a part, and while playing the whole sequence (7 groups playing including newly recorded part), I soloed "group a" and it crashed. I recall it's always having pressed a group button, either to solo, mute or alone. Anywhere from 20-40 minutes working in the same song. But not consistent.

Tried changing buffers, reboots, etc. If it ever creates a crashlog I'll def post it.
  12. ew

ew Moderator

Thanks for the description- it'll help.

ew
  13. Addict89

Addict89 New Member

14. enimatek

enimatek New Member

i have a few logs of crashes ,if anyone is able to look into and tell me if it can be fixed,god help him.
    thanks.

Attached Files:

15. Dr_Stahli

Dr_Stahli New Member

Crash at startup

i have got maschine since 4 months. it worked great until the newest update (1.1.).

Now it crashes right at the startup. not even a window opens...instead the error occures instantly. -.-

i tried reinstalling maschine and all drivers, but that did not work. i could not start the earlier versions either.

even tried opening over daw : could not initialize..DAW crashes.

HELP! i don't know what to do now, i already contacted the tech support, but i do not have any hope. maybe anybody of you knows a solution?

Stahli
  16. covenantchild

covenantchild New Member

I'm joining this thread late...I just registered.

How d'you read a NICRASH file? What program d'you use? 'cos Mine has crashed twice now (randomly during DJ sessions) and I need to know what's going on.

By the way, I use Windows Vista. Could that be the reason why it crashes?
  17. ew

ew Moderator

Welcome =)

You don't- that's a proprietary format used by NI for debugging.
    No. Contact support.

ew
  18. Elastik

Elastik NI Product Owner

Here's my contribution. I've had quite a lot of crashes recently but this was the only file in the folder

Attached Files:

19. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

I had several crashes with runtime error, after trying to save a project. Found two Maschine-mini.nicrash files but they are 0 kb long. So I anticipate they are of no use. I tried to attach the ni.crash files but upload failed, probably due to file size.

After restarting maschine the cpu load is very high, causing cracks and pops in audio8. I have to restart comp to reset everything.
  20. covenantchild

covenantchild New Member

Thanks ew. I'll contact support & find out what's going on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.