Crashed with Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Navygate, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Hi!
    I don't know if your MASCHINE has crashed yet but I had this 3 times now with the following Error window.
    I just want to check if anybody came across this message or if it might be just my computer.

Attached Files:

2. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Crashlog File

... if MASCHINE creates a Maschine-mini.nicrash file in the Crashlogs folder, to which email address of NI should i send it?
    I was just thinking that it might help them to troubleshoot and bugfix issues for the next update.

Attached Files:

3. ew

ew Moderator

Post here and attach it. .nicrash is a valid extension for attachments.

ew
  4. Navygate

Navygate Forum Member

Attached file

Hi ew!
    Thanks a lot! Thats a good option... here is the file.

Attached Files:

5. ew

ew Moderator

Another thing to do in that situation- I've had that happen with Maschine as a standalone when first starting up.

If you get that when trying to start Maschine, try opening it as a plugin in a mini host such as Chainer or XT2. This will usually work. Then, close your minihost and launch Maschine as a standalone.

ew
  6. Lotuz

Lotuz NI Product Owner

Maschine VSTi crashed when I loaded a sample (ride cymbal). Will the crashlog be forwarded to NI Technical Support?

Attached Files:

7. ew

ew Moderator

Yes, it will. Henning and James will see it and pass it on to the appropriate people.

ew
  8. diversgens01

diversgens01 NI Product Owner

I have Maschine since 3 days, it's a really great piece of gear but i have encounter two crash randomly (one starting Maschine, one selecting a sample in the library) here they are:

Attached Files:

9. solar28

solar28 NI Product Owner

I too am getting hard crashes -- 'blah has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way' and the same runtime error as OP. Mine has happened upon hitting the group buttons during recording -- not always. It has happened w/ demo projects and my own. CPU usage is really low when this is occuring <50% in most cases.

XP SP2
    Centrino 1.8 ghz
    1 gig ram

Haven't tried as vsti.
  10. ew

ew Moderator

Welcome =)

If you're getting a .nicrash file (and you should be), post it here as an attachment.

You'll find them at:

My Documents\Native Instrument\Maschine\Crashlogs

ew
  11. solar28

solar28 NI Product Owner

thx ew. There have been no crashlogs,, :( The message is "application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way".

This 4th time (happened each time I've run it) I had just recorded a sample, recorded a part, and while playing the whole sequence (7 groups playing including newly recorded part), I soloed "group a" and it crashed. I recall it's always having pressed a group button, either to solo, mute or alone. Anywhere from 20-40 minutes working in the same song. But not consistent.

Tried changing buffers, reboots, etc. If it ever creates a crashlog I'll def post it.
  12. ew

ew Moderator

Thanks for the description- it'll help.

ew
  13. Addict89

Addict89 New Member

14. enimatek

enimatek New Member

i have a few logs of crashes ,if anyone is able to look into and tell me if it can be fixed,god help him.
    thanks.

Attached Files:

15. Dr_Stahli

Dr_Stahli New Member

Crash at startup

i have got maschine since 4 months. it worked great until the newest update (1.1.).

Now it crashes right at the startup. not even a window opens...instead the error occures instantly. -.-

i tried reinstalling maschine and all drivers, but that did not work. i could not start the earlier versions either.

even tried opening over daw : could not initialize..DAW crashes.

HELP! i don't know what to do now, i already contacted the tech support, but i do not have any hope. maybe anybody of you knows a solution?

Stahli
  16. covenantchild

covenantchild New Member

I'm joining this thread late...I just registered.

How d'you read a NICRASH file? What program d'you use? 'cos Mine has crashed twice now (randomly during DJ sessions) and I need to know what's going on.

By the way, I use Windows Vista. Could that be the reason why it crashes?
  17. ew

ew Moderator

Welcome =)

You don't- that's a proprietary format used by NI for debugging.
    No. Contact support.

ew
  18. Elastik

Elastik NI Product Owner

Here's my contribution. I've had quite a lot of crashes recently but this was the only file in the folder

Attached Files:

19. Pjotr123

Pjotr123 NI Product Owner

I had several crashes with runtime error, after trying to save a project. Found two Maschine-mini.nicrash files but they are 0 kb long. So I anticipate they are of no use. I tried to attach the ni.crash files but upload failed, probably due to file size.

After restarting maschine the cpu load is very high, causing cracks and pops in audio8. I have to restart comp to reset everything.
  20. covenantchild

covenantchild New Member

Thanks ew. I'll contact support & find out what's going on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.