1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Custom Template and Scipt for Maschine with Ableton Live

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by eatriwave, Apr 1, 2012.

1. eatriwave

eatriwave NI Product Owner

Hi,

There is supposed to be a bit of a user manual with next release of the Controller Editor, so I don't have go on explaining all the details of the script on this thread.

But yes, with the new version of the scripts you can access more than Scenes 1-16 on the Maschine Mk2 and Mikro Mk1 and Mk2.
    On Maschine Mk2 when in scne mode, simply use the left/right arrows below the main knob.
    On the Mikro Controller use the left/right buttons in the transport section.

This function is however currently not accessible with the Maschine Mk1. If you are interested, I can give you a hint how to access it. You will have to make 2 small changes in the template.

Duplicate is used for assigning the XFader to either A,B or Both. On the MK1 Controller, this is displayed with
    PAD On = A
    PAD BLINKING = B
    PAD OFF = Both
    On the Mk2 the approriate colors are used.

There is no function for next or previous scene.
  2. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

"This function is however currently not accessible with the Maschine Mk1. If you are interested, I can give you a hint how to access it. You will have to make 2 small changes in the template."

;-) YESSS please !
  3. eatriwave

This what you have to to:

Open the controller editor and edit the Ableton Live Template for Maschine.
    The left/right arrow buttons in the transport section should be assigned to:
    left: CC 58 channel 2
    right: CC 59 channel 2

Simply change the assignment to:

left: CC 105 channel 1
    right: CC 106 channel 1

These Buttons have different functions depending on which mode you are in.

In Pad Mode: +/- Octave
    In Scene Mode: Move the scene selection scope up or down (+/- 1 scene)
    In Clip Mode (Patter Button): Same as E and G Button, moves the clip view to left or right.

Hope this help. Cheers.
  4. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

Mk2 Master knob (Control Encoder)

Love your template man, been using it for when I DJ alongside w/ Ableton Bridge/Serato... but because of the ongoing Midi issue w/ the MK1, I recently bought the new MK2...

Long Story short, I made some minor tweaks to your template, which works great and still no freezing issues or LED feedback problems... There's just one problem w/ the new Master knob... Do you know how to midi map this using the Volume/Swing/Tempo buttons to activate them respectively? I've tried all different kinds of combinations from the new 1.5.1 Controller Editor manual but no success... It's something w/ the Push knob and Control change I can't combine or chain to the corresponding buttons...

Hopefully you can help...

Thanks again for a great template!

Ollie
  5. eatriwave

Hi, which script are you using? Sounds like you are using the old script from the forum.

My scripts are now officialy part of the Controller Editor Release. There is a script for the Mk2 and Mikro Mk2, which makes full use of the colors. You should check that out. The more or less final version of these scripts should be released with the next version of the controller editor (1.5.2). So check out those new scipts.
    You will find them in the folder "..C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Controller Editor\Template Support Files\Ableton Live 8" on windows and on the Mac somewhere similar.

Oh yeah, make sure use the respective templates. They should be right on your new Machine Mk2.
  6. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

Hi,
    sorry, but it is not running here :-(
    In the Ableton Template for Maschine the left/right arrows are assigned to CC15 and CC16 on Ch 3 !
    I changed these to CC 105 and CC 106 at Ch 1 without any effect !
    In all three modes, no function !
    Did I miss something ?

best, frank
  7. eatriwave

To get this clear. With which script are you working? Are you usig the old script from this thread or are you using the script that is included in the release of the Controller Edior 1.5.1?
  8. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

I'm using the MK2 script in the Template Support Files folder... Ableton won't allow me to use the Maschine
    ---
    For the control surface should I be using Maschine MK2 or Maschine Advanced?
  9. sowari

sowari Moderator

please be more specific.

so you are using the NI Ableton Template and the Maschine Controller MK2.

if you are using the NI Template then yes, use Maschine MK2 as shown here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/k... the Ableton Live {47} MASCHINE MIDI Template

sowari
  10. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

MK2 Midi Map new Volume knob for Vol, Swing, Tempo

Yes that's my setup exactly... but I can't seem to figure out out how to Midi Map the new Volume knob for Vol, Swing, Tempo - by pressing Volume or Tempo...

Do you know how to do this? I've been reading the manual on the new Controller Editor for the Encoder knob (digital), it's really not specific on how to do this...

Thanks,
  11. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator

Not sure this is possible. I don't think the data knob is linked to the buttons in midi mode.
  12. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

Is it possible just for the Master knob to be used in 2 functions?

1. Volume (Depressed)
    2. Tempo (When Pressed and turned)
  13. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

I use the included release from Controller Editor 1.5.1 !
  14. xyzt

xyzt NI Product Owner

@ eatriwave

Would it be possible to incorporate "Mackie mode knobs" in the Maschine for Ableton template? Your template is by far the best template to date. But what would make it even better if the knobs for dev1, dev2, etc would show the parameter name en value from the selected device above the knob, like the mackie control template works. I tried the new template alongside the mackie control template, but they interfere and are thus unusable together. Is adding this functionality even possible?

Regards,
    xyzt
  15. eatriwave

With the Mackie Control you can write to the display but you can not change the button and encoder labelings. I have a version of the scipt that writes some information to Machines display.
    You can only address the main part of the display and only if one of the buttons or encoders on a page is assigned as MCU.

According to NI there are supposed to be some technical issues with mixing Mackie MCU and generic MIDI commands. So, it is generally not recomended to do such things and I will not be publishing any of those solutions.

To summarize my answer: If it were technically possible, I would have implemented it.

---
    Hard to say what is wrong with your setup. Sounds like you might have the wrong template with the wrong script. Anyway, try this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64102160/Maschine Live.zip

Make sure you use the template in the zip together with the script in the zip.
    Hope this works.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  16. frabo

frabo NI Product Owner

Thanks eatriwave, this is working now. ;-)
  17. Old_School

Old_School Forum Member

Hi, thanks for the template. I have it working on my macbook with Snow Leopard fine except that the Maschine screens do not show any corresponding information. I also noticed when installing the template that I had in the zip file a AVR.ncm but there was no reference in the manual as to it. Could this be a needed file that updates the Maschine display?
  18. eatriwave

Hi,
    Where you got the AVR.ncm from is a complete mistery to me. It is not in the zip I posted and I do not have such a template file. I just checked.
    Writing to the display is deactivated due to possible problems the hardware could have with it, especially the first generation of Maschine. I haven't published any Remote Templates that writes any text to Maschines display. If there were any good and reliable way to do it, I would implement it.
  19. Old_School

Old_School Forum Member

Ah, cheers. I noticed in the manual it showed for example send levels in the Maschine screens so I was wondering about that.

BTW, am I correct that pad pressure sensitivity is disabled in this template?
  20. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner