1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Deleting cue/loop points on locked tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by vinylboy, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinylboy

vinylboy Forum Member

Please tell me there is a way of deleting a cue/loop point on a locked (beat gridded) track! I have 5 cue buttons mapped to my controller, but say I load a track that has been locked that only has 2 cue points mapped and I hit cue button number 3 by mistake, I want to be able to delete that cue point on the fly. It doesn't seem to work when the track is locked. I have to unlock the track, delete the cue point then re lock the track. Highly impractical!
    Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

edit:

Running latest version of traktor with OSX snow
  2. vibes340

vibes340 Forum Member

add-in -> cue/loops -> delete hotcue
  3. vinylboy

vinylboy Forum Member

This doesnt work. I still have to unlock the track before I can delete the hot cue. I have tried "delete hot cue" and "delete cue/loop". Both of which require me to unlock the track
  4. vibes340

vibes340 Forum Member

Delete cue/loop does not work for me anymore unless it's unlock, but delete hot cue works. I have 8 of them map and it's not for nothing.
    It work's for me.

Attached Files:

5. vinylboy

vinylboy Forum Member

Thanks for the pics, I see what the problem is, I didnt put "set to value" as what ever hot cue I need it to delete. BUT, this doesn't help. Say I only have 2 hot cues mapped to one particular track and by mistake I hit the "hot cue 3" button, I'd have to have 5 buttons assigned to delete the right one, as opposed to the one button that deletes the last one I made. Not helpful at all as that would be 5 buttons wasted for each deck, thats far too many! I could have sworn that on my PC it worked with just one button. I know for a fact I only had one button assigned to delete any hot cue I made by mistake with no issues. The only thing I can think of is that maybe this was before I had any beat gridding done and I was mixing 'out of the box' without any locked tracks. But I'm pretty damn sure I wouldnt have assigned a "delete hot cue" button if I didnt have any cue points which I would only have made once I had my tracks gridded up. I know for a fact I would have only assigned the delete button once I ran into the problem of making cue points by mistake, and I only put cue points on locked tracks!
  6. vibes340

vibes340 Forum Member

My (don't know bout any body else) delete cue/loop don't work how it use to in earlier versions. I have to have my tracks unlock for it to work the same. That's what you are talking bout, NI change that behavior, why I don't know and I ain't ask or asking, you can ask them or request they change it back.

I mapped 8 buttons as you can see, it's better than clicking (1) grid, (2) lock, (3) the cue to delete, (4) then the trash can or mapped button delete cue/loop, (5) lock again.
    Or mapping it all out.

Only you can decide how want & going to use traktor. What you want & don't want map. Make life easier or harder.
  7. vinylboy

vinylboy Forum Member

Right, there is definitely something going on here. It's now looking to me like Mac's do one thing and PC's do another. My pal came round my house with his laptop and Traktor Pro. I tested this issue on his computer and yes, you can delete a hot cue you just made if the track is locked. I'm on Mac, he's on PC. I took a locked track on his laptop, put it into deck A, made a hot cue, then deleted it with the rubbish bin icon. SO... the only thing I can think of is the Mac PC difference. Or possibly NI might have changed this operation in the latest update, as my pal hasn't updated his software to the current update yet but I had to due to being on OSX snow leopard.
    Can someone do me a huge favour and if you're on PC can you see if you can delete a hot cue you just made using the trash can icon on a locked track.

Many thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.