1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

DJM 900 and Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Set Up Guide

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by hrtbrkd, Aug 16, 2011.

1. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

DJM-900 NXS Troubleshooting Tips for Vynol Timecode
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pioneer FW and Driver Link:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/DJ/Mixers/DJM-900nexus?tab=firmware
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Update DJM-900 Firmware to latest version. (Current version is 1.20) 29-June-2011

1a) When connecting the DJM-900 to your computer. Make sure your firewall is turned off! ie

Windows Firewall. Go to control panel and disable it till you done updating the firmware.

2) Download Pioneer DJM-900 Set Up utility and driver (Current version is 1.20) 29-June-2011

2a) Now that the driver is installed your computer will reconize the soundcard in the DJM-900.

The set up utility will now be displayed and any action you do will be shown on the set up

utility. ie. Moving the channel select to phono > usb

3) Connect Turntables to Channel 1 and Channel 4 on the NXS. Make sure you are connecting the RCA

jacks into the "Phono" Inputs. These inputs are your pre amped inputs.

*************ON THE MIXER OUTPUT TAB SELECT THE FOLLOWING***************
    3a) On the set up utility for USB 1/2 select "Channel 1 Time Code PHONO"
    3b) On the set up utility for USB 7/8 select "Channel 4 Time Code PHONO"

********ON THE MIXER INPUT TAB Turn DJM-900 Channel SelectKnobs*********
    3c) On Channel 1 on the mixer Turn Knob to USB
    3d) On Channel 4 on the mixer Turn Knob to USB

************DJM-900 is configured to send timecode signal over the soundcard now***************

Traktor scratch Pro 2 Set Up Version (2.0.3)

Start up Traktor. If this is your first time starting up traktor you will need to follow the

wizard to set up the basics or Run Hardware Controller Set Up.

Follow these instructions:

1) Are you using an external controller?
    1a) NO
    Select Next

2)Select Controller Medium
    2a) Use dropdown and select "No Timecode Control"
    Select Next

3) Select Your Set Up
    3a) 2 Track Decks (Scratch)
    Select Next

Now select "FINISH"

Now go to preferances, It's the little COG wheel thing on the top right.

In Audio Set Up Tab.
    Audio Device should show "Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus ASIO"

In output Routing Tab
    Make sure the following is selected. Please pay close attention to DECK A and DECK B Configs.

4) Mixing Mode is set to EXTERNAL

5) OUTPUT DECK A
    5a) L = DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 1
    5b) R = DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 2

6) OUTPUT DECK B
    6a) L = DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 7
    6b) R = DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 8

In Input Routing Tab

7) INPUT DECK A
    7a) L = DJM-900 NEXUS IN 1
    7b) R = DJM-900 NEXUS IN 2

8) INPUT DECK B
    8a) L = DJM-900 NEXUS IN 7
    8b) R = DJM-900 NEXUS IN 8

************Traktor is configured to recieve timecode signal over the soundcard now***************
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

thx for sharing!
  3. DJ Mark corbett1

DJ Mark corbett1 New Member

nexus 900

hi guys

has anybody tried to use the dim nexus 900 with the new mac osx lion i am having troubles with the dim 900 utility is it not supported yet ?
  4. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Nope. So far on the Pioneer forums they are saying Lion is not a supported system. You would think they would have this issue worked out by now >.<
  5. corrado

corrado New Member

DJM 900 Won't Calibrate with Traktor Scratch Pro

I have a Nexus 900 and Traktor Scratch Pro 2 and I'm trying to calibrate my Timecode vinyl without any luck. When I calibrate using your settings I get deck A playing out of only one speaker and the other doesn't play at all. When I checked against your settings, I noticed that in my output and input deck settings, I don't have "DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 8," instead, I have a "DJM-900 NEXUS OUT 0."

HELP!
  6. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

are you on a mac or pc. The out and in represent and corrilate to the usb channels your data rides on.

channel 1 on the mixer = 1/2 = DJM Channel Set to USB = Traktor Deck A
    channel 2 on the mixer = 3/4
    channel 3 on the mixer = 5/6
    channel 4 on the mixer = 7/8 = DJM Channel Set to USB = Traktor Deck B

if you just installed the drivers and utility restart your computer. Make sure you have the latest driver and utility. 1.20 from June.
  7. corrado

corrado New Member

Still no luck

I'm using a Mac. My channels don't show 1/2, they show 0/1. As for my drivers and utility. I updated to the latest but I believe it's my utiity that reads v 1.1.0. I noticed it didn't show ASIO as a page of the utility. Does any of this make a difference? I'm so close :(
  8. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Yes. It's cool that yours shows.

channel 1 on the mixer = 1/2 = DJM Channel Set to USB = Traktor Deck A = 0/1
    channel 2 on the mixer = 3/4
    channel 3 on the mixer = 5/6
    channel 4 on the mixer = 7/8 = DJM Channel Set to USB = Traktor Deck B = 2/3

as far as the ASIO tab will be faded out if you have Traktor Running as Traktor will be the master program using it. So changes can be made within Traktor. The current MAC DJM-900 Utility is 1.10 for mac so you have the latest one.

BTW Macs with operating ystem Lion are not supported by DJM900 ATM. They are working on the drivers for it.
  9. auras

auras New Member

deck b doesn't work

Hi there!

I've just done all the settings you've mention here, but deck b doesn't work; just deck a; I've checked all the connections, all seems to be ok...I don't get it...
    My drivers are up to date(djm 900 settings utility is 1.3.0, djm 900-1.2.1).
    When I run Djm 900 settings utility, it doesn't ask me the step2:
    "Select Controller Medium 2a) Use dropdown and select "No Timecode Control"
    But I don't think this is the problem...
    I've noticed that in traktor preferences on timecode set up there are inputs for deck A and deck D(decoder gain L:11.2, R11.2 for both decks); I supposed that deck b is not d, and that's way is not working....
    Could U help me?

Thanks

PS I use vinyl timecodes
  10. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Sure, When you first set up traktor with the DJM900NXS. Traktor Maps Decks A Correctly but B is not mapped correctly to the Channel 7/8 to the DJM900NXS. You will need to go to options in Traktor and Make sure your settings are set to EXTERNAL and Map Deck B to Left = Channel 7 and Right = Channel 8
  11. mohito

mohito New Member

Traktor

Can you use digital out for channel 1 and 4, plugged in to the djm 900 to connect traktor... Doesn't seem to work?
  12. forrestgumpx

forrestgumpx Forum Member

Is it possible to record via the Nexus soundcard directly?

It should right? since it is connected via USB. But I tried all settings, but I can't find the "virtual" rec output in the Pioneer software. Is there a solution?
  13. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Yeah you can record straight from the DJM900. You will need to assign 1 channel as the output/record channel. Check pioneer website on how to record using the DJM900 and 2000. Google Pioneer DJ Forums. It's under the MIxer section.
  14. topjimmykw

topjimmykw NI Product Owner

Hi I am using TSP2 with a DJM 900 and 2 CDJ 350's with timecode CDs. I've got it all working, but I am getting background noise in the songs... not a hiss, more like the crackle from an old 45! Any thoughts? I upped the latency a bit, didn't help much.

Thank you,

topjimmykw
  15. forrestgumpx

forrestgumpx Forum Member

With MKII or MK I/original timecode CDs?
  16. topjimmykw

topjimmykw NI Product Owner

Geez, now after I plugged in a Krontrol X-1 (which worked right away) I went back to the DJM timecode setup and get nothing! Why should this be sooooo difficult and confusing?