DJM900 + Traktor Scratch Pro 2 Upgrade Question.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by hrtbrkd, Jul 21, 2011.

1. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Was wondering. I just upgraded my mixer to the Pioneer DJM-900, I was using Traktor Scratch Pro as my DVS system, but no longer will be using the box since my DJM can be used as the sound card. Which upgrade option do I need to get to upgrade to Traktor 2? I already have my timecode records and cds.

Do I now need to upgrade just my software from TSP1 to TSP2?

or

Uninstall TSP1 and Purchase TSP2?

or last but not least

Purchase TSP2 Certified Upgrade since I have a TS Certified mixer?

Thanks in advance!

Just saw this.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/traktor-scratch-pro-2/?page=2008

Hmmmmm so is it going to cost me 79$ or 339$?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. GRiNSER00

GRiNSER00 NI Product Owner

Because you already own a Scratch enabled version, you can use it with either one of the supported NI audio interfaces or one of the certified mixers like the DJM900.
    The certified upgrade ist just for people that use a non Scratch version of Traktor and want to activate the Scratch option in combination with the certified mixer they already own (without buying a NI audio interface).

Therefore if you already got TSP1, you simply need to upgrade your software to TSP2 (79$) and you're good to go.
    (You don't need to uninstall TSP1, they can even run side by side...)
  3. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Just make sure you purchase the $79 upgrade to TSP2 from TSP1 and not the $79 upgrade to TP2 from TP1.
  4. hrtbrkd

hrtbrkd Forum Member

Thanks for the info, Just not my day today. Wasted hours at the DMV, They stopped serving breakfest burritos at 10am, then to make matters worse. Something when wrong with my installation of TSP2, So now I have to reformat my computer. Now my question is am I going to lose both my TSP1 and TSP2 registered to my computer? or can I somehow release them so I can reinstall after I reformat?
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  5. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Just reinstall and reregister. The installs are already registered to your hardware so there is no problem.