elektrik piano 1.1 won't load samples

Discussion in 'ELEKTRIK PIANO' started by dijonaise, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dijonaise

dijonaise Forum Member

i recently had my NI sample libraries drive die so i had to reinstall all the libraries for komplete3. elektrik piano will not load samples anymore. i have the program installed on the c: drive and the libraries on my h: drive (as i had before). when i loaded the program for the first time it asked me for the new location of my library, which i entered - and the program loaded fine. however, my 'file' menu is empty.

h:\elektrik piano library has 3 files in it:

ElektrikPiano_Lib_part1.nks
    ElektrikPiano_Lib_part2.nks
    ElektrikPiano_Lib_part3.nks

i'm assuming that these are the correct files. in the options menu the path appears correct - but no samples can be loaded.

what have i done wrong?
  2. andywilde_wimbledon

andywilde_wimbledon NI Product Owner

Attached is a pic of my open 1.5 Library folder (the one pointed to in 'options'); ignore the 1.5 stuff if you're still 1.1, but I think the 'default' folder and contents (not sure about 'impulses' for 1.1), and the instruments & performances folders need to be here in the hierarchy, as well as the actual sample databases, for EP to see them. Are you perhaps just pointing at the databases only ? (this is OSX, but think XP's the same)

Attached Files:

3. dijonaise

dijonaise Forum Member

ahhh..thanks a lot for that screenshot! turns out that i was missing the instruments and performances folders. i guess i thought the .nks files were all i needed. i guess when i lost my hard drive i only got the files from the elektrik piano library folder and didn't get the other.

i reinstalled from dvd and then applied the upgrade and everything is working again. thanks!
  4. cycle60

cycle60 NI Product Owner

yesssss!

sweet molasses! your pic totally saved my day.

i was trying to put the .nks files on an external drive instead of the default "library support folder" and was getting nothing but "corrupt library" error messages. many thx.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.