ERROR: could not load sample (unsupported format feature)

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by robderby, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robderby

robderby New Member

Hello,

I have read the threads regarding this problem, but they are old and don't solve my problem.

I have worked with Logic Pro 7 and Kontakt 3.02 on Mac OS 10.4 and saved a lot of Multis in Kontakt.

Now I made a complete new installation with Mac OS 10.5, Logic Pro 7 and Kontakt 3.02 and copied the folder with the sound libraries to the new hard drive. I installed all programs new but not the sound libraries.

When I now load my Multis I get the error message: could not load sample (unsupported format feature).

When I load the sound directly into Kontakt I don't have this problem. But most of my Multis have this problem.

Any idea what is wrong?
  2. David Das

David Das Moderator

No idea. You're sure you are on the latest version of Kontakt, 3.0.2?
  3. robderby

robderby New Member

Yes.
    I have now two hard drives. One with the old installation, one with the new installation.
    When I put the old hard drive into the mac (2.5GHz Quad Core, 10GB RAM) and load the Logic song, then Kontakt as plug-in in Logic loads the samples.
    When I put the new hard drive into the mac and load the same Logic song, Kontakt has the problems loading the samples.
    The only difference in installation is the operating system: instead of 10.4 its now 10.5

?
  4. David Das

David Das Moderator

Out of curiosity, can you try loading the multi in the *standalone* version of Kontakt (rather than the plug-in inside Logic) to see if that works or doesn't work?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.