1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Faulty Scratch Amps (Deck B problem)

Discussion in 'Final Scratch Archives' started by Dj Hobbes, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Dj Hobbes

Dj Hobbes NI Product Owner

For those of you that have a problematic SA1 (used for versions 1.x - 1.5.3, goto the ScratchAmp Issues part of the forum, and read the info that I have posted there. It will be at the top of the list of threads.

Hobbes
  2. DJRicky_Tf

DJRicky_Tf Forum Member

How to verify faulty SA by yourself

If you have problems with TFS under Windows you can verify your scratchamp.
    Even if your Scratchamp works fine under Linux...

Download from google the microsoft tool: usbview.exe

Plug your ScratchAmp.

Run the usbview.exe app

Browse and find both Scratchamp entries:
    you must have under generic USB hub 4 entries.
    1st. and 2nd. ports are both sides of scratchamp

When you click in PORT1 you will have something like this:
    Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0100
    bDeviceClass: 0xFF
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0xFF
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x08 (8)
    idVendor: 0x103D
    idProduct: 0x0101
    bcdDevice: 0x0100
    iManufacturer: 0x01
    iProduct: 0x02
    iSerialNumber: 0x03
    bNumConfigurations: 0x01

Check this entries:
    PORT1 must have:
    PORT2 must have:
    idProduct: 0x0100
    bcdDevice: 0x0101

This Scratchamp is good for running TFS under Windows.

If you have on both PORTs 1&2:

Your Scratchamp will have problems running TFS under Windows.
    This kind of Scratchamp have an old firmware.
    You must ask to NI for a replacement.
  3. Technaut_Tf

Technaut_Tf New Member

hmm weird, according to what your saying TFS should work fine as I get this:

'PORT1 must have:
    PORT2 must have:
    bcdDevice: 0x0101'

But deck b still doesnt work :/
  4. phaZor_Tf

phaZor_Tf New Member

Ever tested to connect with a PCI USB2.0 Controller and not with the Onboard solution?
    I think its a problem with the Southbridge of your Motherboard that Deck B has no AudioSignal.

phaZor
  5. DJRicky_Tf

DJRicky_Tf Forum Member

This for checking SA, so
    Your SA is good for running TFS under windows.

But you can have another problems...

Try with TFS 1.5.4, perhaps fix the problem.

If not, just wait for a new driver...
    I hear that a 3rd driver version is comming out soon.
  6. Technaut_Tf

Technaut_Tf New Member

that worked mate, thanks for the tip
  7. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

How can this be a southbridge problem of my motherboard if it used to work in linux always?! I suffer the main problem and all I get from NI crappy support is some bullsh** copy and paste answere which does not answer my questions at all.
  8. Dj Hobbes

NI is working on this issue, as they have come know through having users run that utility, is that what they thought was the problem, is not entirely correct. I'll post an update of what is going on as soon as we get info.

Hobbes
  9. phaZor_Tf

phaZor_Tf New Member

Here is the solution with the Deck B problem ( for me it was) and I hope for you too:

Installing the ScratchAmp in case of a failure of the automatic installation process

On a few computers you may encounter problems when installing the Windows ScratchAmp drivers. The main symptom of this kind of problems is that one of the ScratchAmp outputs is not recognized or not working. This paragraph describes how to make a correct installation of the drivers in these cases:
    - De-install TRAKTOR FS via the 'Software' Tool in the Windows Control Panel.

- Plug the ScratchAmp into your computer and delete the ScratchAmp A and ScratchAmp B drivers from the Windows Device Manager ('My Computer' -> 'Manage' -> 'Device Manager' -> Audio, Video, Game Controllers).

- Install the newest USB patch (#822603) from the Microsoft website, located at:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;822603

- Reboot your computer (ScratchAmp not plugged in)

- Install TRAKTOR FS and the ScratchAmp driver (still without ScratchAmp)

- Reboot your computer (still without ScratchAmp)

- Now plug in the ScratchAmp without going over a USB hub and preferably to another USB port than the one previously causing problems

please also make shure that it was without any energie 1 min. before.

- After the recognition of the hardware by the operating system go to the USB Controller section of the Device Manager ('My Computer' -> 'Manage' -> 'Device Manager' -> USB Controller)

- Two of the listed (Host) controllers are responsible for the ScratchAmp. In the 'Advanced' tab of their properties you find a checkbox to suppress USB error messages. Please check this box and repeat this operation for the other available USB (Host) controllers.

- After this reboot the computer with the ScratchAmp connected

please notice that it s strongley recommendet to install also servicepack 1 for win xp.

----------------------------------------------------------

calibration:

1. Tonearm Weight
    Did you accurately set up the weight of each tonearm ?

2. Ground Noise
    What signal do you get when you switch your mixer to the
    phono output while running time-code vinyl ? Is it only a clear timecode,
    or this mixed with some ground noise ?

3. Ground Loops
    Is your setup without any groundloops ?
    This could destroy the time-code signal in a way that makes it difficult to calibrate the turntables.

4. Cable connections
    Please check if the cables at the scratchamp are tight and
    stereo comes through it with same signal on both channels.

5. if you work in a club situation with very loud monitors
    you better have to take care about that the turntables stands on something like rubber foam to bring them out of vibration.

6. please also try good sounding other needles which also transfers the timecode perfekt
    and where the 4 contakts on the back are long enough ( I recommend Stanton 680HP )
  10. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Thanks for the input phazer, but I have tried that all out, no success.
  11. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

This is what I get:

PORT 1 ;

PORT 2 ;

DJRicky posted it should be somehting else.. was this a typo, or is my FS finally faulty?
  12. 2yLiTe

2yLiTe Forum Member

I got the same thing nik39 got... haven't had major problems running 1.5, but come to think of it, I haven't actually "load" tested it...

I'm still running version 1.0 flawlessly "absolutely flawless" heheh
  13. 2yLiTe

2yLiTe Forum Member

Ok, so what's the latest on this?

Is NI responsible for replacing SA's or is Stanton?

I would assume that a faulty piece of equipment must be honoured with a method of repair or replacement.
  14. Dj Hobbes

Your autrhorized TFS dealer is supposed to replace the SA if it is under warranty. If it is not, then you need to call Stanton tech support to find out what you can do.

Hobbes
  15. Joachim_Heldt_Tf

Joachim_Heldt_Tf New Member

you're saying that if the deck B isn't workin...the dealer have to replace the SA or what???

greetzz
  16. nik39

nik39 NI Product Owner

Where is this stanton support fone number?
  17. frankiej

frankiej New Member

ok check this out....
    i have one of the older SA cuz i bought right when it hit stores. it has been working properly for quite a long time(well over a year) up until this week Deck B doesn't work, but Deck A works fine on the turntable that is actually connected to the Deck B side.

Does this descibe what is happening to everyone who has the Deck B problem, or is this unique to me? im curioius cuz this is quite strange.

Also anyone know any details on trade in options for the new FS 2??
  18. frankiej

frankiej New Member

aight, maybe this will help...
    i just posted my strange problem a minute ago and then was poking around a bit more.

i went into the device manager and checked up on the drivers for the SA in Sounds,Game Controllers blah blah, and noticed that Scratch Amp B was listed but no Scratch Amp A, it was labeled USB Serial Port or something like that. So i tried updating the drivers and that made things worse cuz then nothing worked. So i rolled back the drivers and then Scratch Amp A and Scratch Amp B showed up in the DM just right and everything was working peachy again accept for the audio drop outs and pitch **** that I still can't figure out how to make go away.

maybe this will help some of you, then maybe it won't.
  19. th0rax

th0rax Forum Member

w0w

ok everybody out there - I'm getting really pissed off at this piece of equipment and Hobbes and others' statements are not really soothing - after all, what should I care about FS 2 fixing the problems - I don't have FS 2 - nobody does - there's not even details on the trade in yet and it's supposed to be shipped out in 10 days !?! + what makes me think FS 2 will solve my issues when it has greater requirements - and I'm running FS 1.5 with a PC well above the minimum specs with TONS Of issues - how was it that my PC was working fine (after 500 reinstallations and stuff just for TFS) and then when I brought a new USB 2.0 / firewire PCI card for my new USB 2.0 hdd, TFS would once again cause the FAULTY deck B problem and not work even after trying eveything listed here and formatting and reinstalling for the 501st time....
    SO WHAT THE HECK IS THE ISSUE WITH THIS DECK B? it is playing but no sound is coming out - and this has nothing to do with tonearms or whatever because even when in software mode, it wouldn't play...just the waveform moves....

IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING NEW ABOUT THIS ISSUE LET ME KNOW, cuz I'm about to get to NI's headquarters and engage in a massive massacre and then kill myself...
  20. DJRicky_Tf

DJRicky_Tf Forum Member

Fixing deck B problem

I fix my SA by myself.

I made an eeprom programmer and reprogramed the SA firmware.

I changed only one byte on both eeprom of the SA.

I will write a HOWTO soon...

Now I can run TFS 1.5.4 without any problem! :)