1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Guitar rig mobile I/O with windows 7

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by SeVeN_corps, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeVeN_corps

SeVeN_corps New Member

hey guys

ive been trying to find some info on the forums but i cant find anything in regards to running Guitar rig mobile I/O on windows 7 ive downloaded the latest drivers ive ran the drivers in compatibility mode for windows vista and run the installation normaly as well. it installs the control panel for the device but it cant find the interface and it pops up in device manager as unknown device when i try to manually install the .inf files it says it cant install the device. Is there any windows 7 drivers or a way to get it running through Vista compatibility mode ?
  2. stormyandcold

stormyandcold NI Product Owner

Try Winxp Service pack 2 compatibility mode with admin on. If that doesn't work then we need a driver update.
  3. leded

leded New Member

Hi,
    I have the same matter, windows 7 can't find the interface even with Winxp Service pack 2.
    Does someone know when the driver will be available?
    thanks
  4. SeVeN_corps

SeVeN_corps New Member

hey guys thought id mentioned that i tryed compatibility mode and stuff ( self confessed nerd here lol ) but yeah still didnt work any way checked the drivers page 2 days ago and turns out theres windows 7 drivers out now and they work so problem solved for me at least hope you guys get yours working ( if the drivers still dont work that is )
  5. leded

leded New Member

Finally it works with the compatibility mode, at least the interface is found but I still have no sound. Can't I use the speakers from my laptop or do I need to use the output plug of the interface?
  6. stormyandcold

yep. Also, try the new drivers without compatibility mode.
  7. leded

leded New Member

stormyandcold: are you talking about the driver version 2.0.10 ? Because that's the one I use.
    When I execute guitar rig I see with the in and out bars that it's working but I still have no sound.
  8. SeVeN_corps

SeVeN_corps New Member

yeah you have to use the output jack of the interface unfortunetly :( also make sure the 2.0.10 drivers you have are the 9mb one not the 6mb ( yes theres 2 types weird i know ) kinda sucks that you have to use the I\O's output would have been a nice feature if you could use it just for input.
  9. stormyandcold

Well, it's quite simple really. If you want to hear the output from your onboard soundcard then get a stereo 6.3 to 3.5 lead and run from the headphone jack on the RK to the line-in on your soundcard.
  10. SeVeN_corps

SeVeN_corps New Member

also make sure you have turned the volume on the interface up as well
  11. leded

leded New Member

it sucks
    Thanks for the help SeVeN_corps and stormyandcold
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.