1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Guitar Rig Vs Amplitube !

Discussion in 'Tone Workshop' started by ajita_Music, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajita_Music

ajita_Music New Member

Hello there fellow guitarists.
    Please listen up, Amplitube VS Guitar rig.

The clean, in my oppinion after trying Guitar rig, blows pod xt and amplitube, it's truly amazing, it makes the xt sound like plastic. I know guitar amps believe me, I've played them all.

But heres the interesting thing.... for hi gain distortion power chords, you know like 'ramstein' style stuff. has anybody managed to come up with some killer presets???

I just did a comparison with the best heavy setup I could do with the rig, and A/B with the amplitube, I think for heavy amplitube is much more up front, and it push's air like nothing else, like much closer to your face sound.

Try this..... make the best heavy sound you can in guitar rig....

Then load up amplitube, and load the preset sound called 80's heavy, or 80's heavy 2 cabs.... They are stock standard presets in amplitube, I could not come up with anything that matched that in guitar rig, it was much more powerful.

Please take this poost to mind, I think the clean half distorted sounds are nailed, but this may be something that we can talk to Native Instruments about, they need to know this, and if they disagree, we'll get them to make us a preset that can out heavy the amplitube 80's heavy preset...

Join the bandwagon fella's, Native Instruments first attempt at this stuff, there second attempt could be mindblowing.
  2. vinney57

vinney57 NI Product Owner

I have to agree with you. The crunch/rock and blues sounds are just brilliant but a real metal slam isn't there. I think its actually because they modelled the amps so well. It very hard to get that sound out of a real Mesa Rectifier!

They need a Diezel, ENGL or Bognor to model.
  3. vinney57

vinney57 NI Product Owner

I see that there is a Boss Metal Zone effect model coming soon which may help (plus a Class A style Boutique amp......which is nice)
  4. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

the one problem i have is the lack of "thump" ...

its either too muddy or too thin...
  5. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

I must strongly disagree with all of you! I made my own custom preset for Guitar Rig, while listening to the rythm sounds of P.O.D., Chevelle, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit (the best rythm sounds in the world, probably) and I came up with a sound that really makes me want to play all day and wait for the next day to play again, because it's REALLY great, very Chevelle type. I'm really surprised with myself and with Guitar Rig, it took me a lot of work to get to this point.
    I'm not posting the preset yet cause it's not wuite finished but I can post a few sounds.

I can only say it's based on tubescreamer+mesa boogie+ EQ + 6 cabs...
  6. ajita_Music

ajita_Music New Member

ATTN: NATIVE INSTRUMENTS MANAGERS

Yo THE NOIZE,
    you know actually, i've come up with a sound now, that is starting to head into the same power band as amplitube, mine is 3 cabs, mesa, eq screamer....
    Please post your preset and post on this thread to let us know when you have that preset and where to get it!!!

Guitar rig is starting to prove it self as a more real life 'working horse' I mean really has it ever been possible to just walk into a studio, hook up a rectifier whack a sound on and expect a powerful sweet sound, .... no!!!, that's what the podxt is for, but Guitar is more realistic, it sounds like it's really being miced up.... it sounds more like Rage against the machine etc.... have a listen, podxt just impress everyone coz it's plastic... it makes everyone sound like cherry cream, guitar rig is the real deal.. but!!!!

Native instruments..... listen up... and please reply to this thread, you guys need to start creating some genuine presets..... like the guys at line6, your scaring users away, on the pod forums people are all saying the same thing... it's not good, I want guitar rig to take the market!!!, but... in order to do so it needs to be bumped up, it was released with very mediocre heavy presets, and the heavy presets is where it's at.

Master P
  7. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

I agree. Native Instruments weak point in Guitar Rig is the fact that they don't really know what is great sound, and how to get it (by ear). We can see that by looking at the presets and the software demos.

Those guys are engineering geniuses who came up with "Dynamic Tube Response" and convolution technology applied to speaker simulation, making this extraordinary piece of software, but the funny thing is that they are pretty far from having golden ears =)

They know how to make the tools, but using them is not the job for them! =)

They should hire some "presets makers" and demo producers... maybe I could even help them :p! heh
  8. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

agreed.. better presets are nessecary..

thenoize? where is this preset you speak of?
  9. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

You don't seem interested in that preset, since you just said that it wasn't the sound you were looking for, when you heard my sound samples.

If you can do better, going direct, we would love if you could post some sounds here. =)
  10. ripperz

ripperz Forum Member

@ TheNoize

Hey dude, check your e-mail :)

Cheers,
    rip
  11. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

@ thenoize

I asked you first m8 ;)

besides, if Guitar Rig or amplitube could actually DO heavy sounds, perhaps i'd use it =)
  12. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

How do you explain the sound I recorded with my guitar? Not heavy enough for you? I'm not following what you mean with the "if"...
  13. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

no not really..

i mean sure its heavy, but not soaked with gain...

i noticed you mainly played the lower strings..

im looking for something that soaks ALL the strings...
  14. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

Oh you want more gain? Then good luck, cause more gain will only make it sound more undefined and sloppy.

Yes I mainly played the lower strings. Then the preset is bad? You have weird logics.

Me not playing the high strings means they are not "soaked"?

Sorry but the only thing you're showing is that you really want to desperately bash on Guitar Rig. If the problem is with GR, why can I get punch so easily, and your guitar's clean signal (NOT processed) doesn't have punch at all? Can you explain that to me? You avoided these questions before...I would really like to know your theory about this, to see if you have a logical explanation...

PS: notice that you were complaining about punch, I proved you that with the same preset my guitar had punch and your didn't. And then you changed subject, saying "that's not the sound I'm looking for"? That simply doesn't make sense... come on..
  15. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

dude, lose the attitude.

I LOVE GUITAR RIG

how many times do i have to say it???

and yes, you DID play the higher strings, in the beginning, when it sounded like pure crap.

not towards the middle ( the part i was referencing ) .

just get over it.

Guitar rig is awesome!

I just hope the amps improve to include some more high gain stuff.

there are many other reviews that bear the same thought.

look, as far as this "punch" thing..

my guitar sounds fine..

it has plenty of "punch" driven by a marshall combo or v-amp, as ive said.

youre guitar is more punchy, as would be obvious of an 80's style shredder or more modern-type guitar...

whats the deal??

the fact is, in the other thread, i was just saying that hi gain sounds were sort of muddy or thin, and that its a limitation of the current amps, cause i can get a fine sound out of other sims and the marshall i own. So i will use those avenues for that sound, yet definetly use guitar rig for more crunchy sounds and definetly clean stuff..

what is the big deal about that?

get over it :)
  16. TheNoize

TheNoize Forum Member

My guitar sounds like crap playing your riff with my preset??? You prefer yours playing that with amplitube? lol
  17. ajita_Music

ajita_Music New Member

The Noize... and Silent223

my email is ajita_music@yahoo.com
    can you both email me your besest high gain guitar rig test....

i'd appreciate it,

Thankyou very ill let you know,

p.s. I rip on guitar, not bragging but i'll let you know how they are.
  18. Silent223

Silent223 Forum Member

actually the noise, i do..

lol

look, i dont want a competition, sound is subjective.

I just want a sound that will fit well into a mix.

even though guitar rig sounds infinetly the most real of any sim, it really craps out at hi gain levels.

as for you, ajita, i dont have a good high gain preset cause there doesnt seem to be any real ripping ryhtym patches that arent muddy, imo..

I am really trying to get other ppl to show me how to do it, cause apparently i lack the skill... :(
  19. mitkofen

mitkofen New Member

20. cide

cide New Member

#1 most highest priority of Native Instruments should be to get an ENGL modeled into Guitar Rig release 3 :)

That is all.
    Thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.