1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

History of Traktor

Discussion in 'General DJ Discussion' started by rayoliver, Apr 20, 2012.

1. rayoliver

rayoliver Forum Member

Hi
    Can anyone tell me if you could use a controller with the first versions of Traktor? ie Traktor DJ and Studio 1? I'm currently writing a paper on digital DJ technology and need this information, which i can't seem to find anywhere.
    Thanks
  2. bi!LY eagle

bi!LY eagle Forum Member

Good question, how long ago did Traktor DJ come out? I remember hearing about Traktor Final Scratch in the early-mid 2000's, not sure when it came out exactly. I don't remember ever hearing of DJ controllers at that point tho. It was things like external EFX boxes. I mean maybe you could have hooked some type of midi device to it, but I'm guessing DJ controllers were not out then. Could be wrong tho, let us know.
  3. DjGriff

DjGriff NI Product Owner

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

why not write directly to NI?

to your question: i'm not sure. i started with finalscratch 1.5 / traktor 2.6 and there you could, but there were only very few controllers at all on the market at that time...
  5. Ali

Ali NI Product Owner

I'll get an official quote for you in exchange for a look at the finished paper. How does that sound?