How do you handle obnoxious "fans"?

Discussion in 'General DJ Discussion' started by jimmyv, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jimmyv

jimmyv NI Product Owner

I was DJ'ing a gig on Saturday night and I made a new best friend. It was a mobile gig, so as I was setting up some guy comes up to me and starts talking to me about DJ'ing. I gave him short answers to let him know that I was busy setting up my system. As I started DJ'ing he kept coming "in the DJ booth" Which was basically a table in the corner of a restaurant. Resting his drink on the table with my gear. He was standing so close to me that I kept bumping in to him while trying to mix. Then he was asking me how do I know what buttons and knobs to turn.... telling me he wants to learn how to DJ. Then he started asking if I have certain songs... I told him I didn't. His response was "How could you not have it? That is one of the hottest songs... Tiesto was playing it." Then he kept coming back in the booth and started fist pumping and screaming whenever I played a good song. At which point I was about to lose my temper and punch him.
    I decided to get even. It turns out his girlfriend was there. He was not paying attention to her, as he was too busy hanging out at the DJ booth. I then told one of my single friends who she was.... the girl standing around all alone and uncomfortable because her idiot boyfriend was hanging out with the DJ. He started flirting and dancing with her. She ended up going home with my friend. He went home by himself. :D
  2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor

Sounds to me like you've got it covered. :D
  3. malzfreund

malzfreund NI Product Owner

cool story bro
  4. Miloopa Kid

Miloopa Kid NI Product Owner

I quite do the same exact thing the OP did !
    With a mild twist, I send shots at his girl without telling her from who they are send.
  5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

lol ... guys!
  6. Mystic38

Mystic38 Forum Member

I met his brother last night :(
  7. jimmyv

jimmyv NI Product Owner

LOL

I am not a rude person... I am just too nice and find it hard to be rude or snippy. Next time it happens I will either tell him off or turn up the monitor so loud that I won't be able to hear him.
    Now don't get me wrong... I don't mind the occasional visitor coming to the booth.. Like the girl who gave me a lap dance when I played Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me.
  8. Miloopa Kid

Miloopa Kid NI Product Owner

Next time try The coasters - Down in mexico best lapdance tarantino shoed on film !
  9. DjKilla

DjKilla Forum Member

10. djpinhed

djpinhed New Member

Hahaha that's ace I have a nasty habit of just telling to f*** off when they really annoying or when they tell me that there a DJ I just pass em the headphones and tell to crack on which is always fun to watch there faces drop lol