How do you map in MIDI mode?

Discussion in 'KONTROL X1' started by electrogrimey, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

I'm clearly doing something really stupid wrong, but I can't figure out how to map anything to the X1 in MIDI mode. In the controller manager the learn function stops working once it's in MIDI mode, and I can't see how you can map anything in controller editor. How do you custom map things in MIDI mode?
  2. Deraout

Deraout New Member

i am actually got the same question..

i´m trying to re arrange the midi mapping pf my x1, because i want to re asign some funtions to the x1, but i can not found the way.

any help will be really apreciated
  3. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

Nevermind, figured it out. You have to put it in MIDI mode, then go to Add Generic MIDI, and select the Kontrol X1 as the in and out ports.
  4. Deraout

Deraout New Member

i finally sort out the way to configurate it.

1. open traktor preferences, controller manager

2. on the device, choose native instruments kontrol x1 ...., then on the in port choose
    traktor controller.

3. open the NI controller editor, and then you can start to asign and learn the functions that you want.

after that.. just have a fun !
  5. pobeeche

pobeeche New Member

I'm still super confused:( ...

on the in port what i can choose is KXI: SN-ybkfyycg, i don't know if that is what you mean.

and then what do you mean when you say open the controller editor and star assigning? does it mean that i configure it on the controller manager in traktor or the controller editor? either way the learn button still doesn't turn on :( please help me, i'm quite desperate at this point :( :S
  6. DjStrategy

DjStrategy NI Product Owner

1.) Controller Manager - Not The Controller Editor

2.) Don't choose "KXI: SN-ybkfyycg" choose generic midi (whilst being/having the KX1 in midi mode) and learn should work just fine + next time you open the controller manager one of you generic midi choises will have been automaticly rename to kx1/-in & -out...or sth like that.

3.) As for the controller editor, what i had to do was rename/remap some "cc"- and midi-notes because some buttons didn't seem to have any assigned and or were double assigned....so you should that out also!

Good Luck!;)
  7. pobeeche

pobeeche New Member

thanxs, i'll give that a try and i'll let you know how it goes ;)

yeah the last part also happens to me, because it recognizes that there is something assigned to that specific button/knob... i'll try renaming

TY!:)
  8. pobeeche

pobeeche New Member

so when i choose generic midi, i would not continue to configure the original layout?
  9. DjStrategy

DjStrategy NI Product Owner

Nope, as the original layout it Native something not HID or Midi...so if you choose generic midi all of the original layout will remain the same....btw. you turn your KX1 into midimode by pressing hotcue and shift at the same time....just in case you didn't know...
  10. pobeeche

pobeeche New Member

thanxs, i did know that :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.