1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

How long can samples be in iMaschine?

Discussion in 'iMaschine' started by tkaitkai, May 9, 2012.

1. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

This might be a naive question, but I just wanted to clarify before I purchase iMaschine! Haha.

I'm looking to run a live click with samples lined up to it, and I'd love to be able to use iMaschine as a solution. Essentially, I'd be loading WAVs up five to six minutes long, with a click panned hard left (routed only to my drummer) and samples panned hard right (routed to the house and stage monitors). The routing is achieved through a channel splitter. The reason iMaschine is appealing is because I'd also like to assign shorter samples to different pads that I can hit at random throughout our live set as a kind of "novelty."

Would I be able to assign five minute WAVs to iMaschine pads, or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks guys! :)
  2. lowrizzle

lowrizzle Forum Member

What an odd sounding case use. Try it and let us know! I can safely say that long samples get clipped at odd times by repeating samples. It's a strange bug that's persisted through all the updates.
  3. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

Yeah, I've read about that happening! I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks! :)