How long can samples be in iMaschine?

Discussion in 'iMaschine' started by tkaitkai, May 9, 2012.

1. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

This might be a naive question, but I just wanted to clarify before I purchase iMaschine! Haha.

I'm looking to run a live click with samples lined up to it, and I'd love to be able to use iMaschine as a solution. Essentially, I'd be loading WAVs up five to six minutes long, with a click panned hard left (routed only to my drummer) and samples panned hard right (routed to the house and stage monitors). The routing is achieved through a channel splitter. The reason iMaschine is appealing is because I'd also like to assign shorter samples to different pads that I can hit at random throughout our live set as a kind of "novelty."

Would I be able to assign five minute WAVs to iMaschine pads, or is this just wishful thinking?

Thanks guys! :)
  2. lowrizzle

lowrizzle Forum Member

What an odd sounding case use. Try it and let us know! I can safely say that long samples get clipped at odd times by repeating samples. It's a strange bug that's persisted through all the updates.
  3. tkaitkai

tkaitkai New Member

Yeah, I've read about that happening! I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks! :)