1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

How to set asio drivers in Traktor scratch duo?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DJ-Technion, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ-Technion

DJ-Technion New Member

Hello,

I am experiencing problems with the sound quality and now I am going trough the trouble shooting pages. One thing to start with is the driver set up and on this page I should go to the file menu in order to select the soundcard. Unfortunately in Traktor I cant find this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    To access the Audio/MIDI Settings:

Go to the "File" menu.

Select "Audio/MIDI Settings".

Choose the "Soundcard" tab.

Click the "Interface" drop-down menu and choo "ASIO". Do NOT choose DirectSound or MME, this will not work well with most devices.

Navigate to the "Output Device" section and choose your desired audio interface
    ------------------------------------------------------------

How and where do I select the soundcard?

thanks
  2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

You are probably in fullscreen mode. Nevertheless, in the top right hand corner of your screen is an icon that will bring up the preferences, then follow the rest of the instructions.
  3. DJ-Technion

DJ-Technion New Member

Thanks for your answer,

I found the icon and went trough the menu but there is nothing that comes even close to the explanation from the trouble shooting guide:

To access the Audio/MIDI Settings:

* Go to the "File" menu.
    * Select "Audio/MIDI Settings".
    * Choose the "Soundcard" tab.
    * Click the "Interface" drop-down menu and choo "ASIO". Do NOT choose DirectSound or MME, this will not work well with most devices.

The only option I found were Asio is mentioned is in Audio setup, Audio device..
    There I can choose between some options of which one is Audio 4 DJ and there is Audio 4 DJ (ASIO).
    I guess I should then try to connect with the Audio 4 DJ (ASIO) ?

But there are no audio/midi settings and no choose soundcard tab

thanks
  4. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Yep, the ASIO driver from the dropdown is the one you want. Sorry, haven't got the program open in front of me, not sure where your existing instructions are from!
  5. DJ-Technion

DJ-Technion New Member

6. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

i dont think this article refers to traktor.... probably other NI products have this kind of menu...
    unfortunately it doesnt say that. forwarded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.