1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Komplete 5/Kore 2 Problems

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation' started by Kurtlo, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurtlo

Kurtlo New Member

Hi,

I've read through the forums and nothing posted has solved any problems I've had. I purchased Kore 2/Komplete 5 bundle and installed Kore 2 with no problems and activated it through the new service center (not the one installed on the DVD). I then installed Komplete 5 and entered the serial number and I get the error message "Not activated - The serial number you have tried to activate is not licensed yet. (1021)".

I've send service emails and even sent the file you are supposed to but no reply yet. Anyone have any ideas?

Kurt
  2. Marius @ NI

Marius @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello Kurt,

this problem should have been solved last Monday. If you still need assistance, please let me know.
  3. Kurtlo

Kurtlo New Member

Yes. This problem was fixed the next day after emailing customer support. Thank you for such a fast response!
  4. sionix

sionix New Member

I just bought this bundle and am having the exact same problem.
    I installed and successfully activated Kore 2. Then spent several hours installing Komplete 5. I updated my version of the Service Center app to the latest, (2.0.5.002 on Mac OS X 10.5.5). And every time I try to activate the Komplete 5 bundle I am told:
    Not Activated: The serial number you have tried to activate is not licensed yet. (1021)
    I have logged into my account on the NI website and it shows that Kore 2 is registered and activated to my account.

So, obviously this glitch is still not fixed?

I am new to NI and am not off to a good start!
    My MOTU and Propellerhead products weren't this much of a hastle right out of the box.
  5. sr3nitygirl

sr3nitygirl New Member

Dare I say "me too"?

Having installed Kore 2 and activated it, I installed my Komplete 5 'upgrade for owners of Kore 2' package, only to get the "1021" error message.

I checked both the service center and the webpage-based activation list, and kore 2 shows up in there, so I guess this problem is still happening?
  6. sionix

sionix New Member

This little ""glitch" nailed me on a Friday evening. I emailed tech support and had to wait until Monday for a response. Here is the response that I got, "one of the serial numbers you have used for your recent product activation caused a problem at our registration server due to a production error on our side. This problem has now be fixed by attaching the appropriate license to this serial number. Please repeat the product activation, it should work fine now. We would like to apologize for this problem and are very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered."

So I went back into the app, tried to activate again and it did work.

I would recommend you call tech support or email them your issue.

So far, I really do enjoy the product, but still hate the activation scheme.
  7. sr3nitygirl

sr3nitygirl New Member

sionix: yep, I just got my activation issue corrected today, and the exact same explanation :)

Thanks!
  8. sionix

sionix New Member

LOL! Sr3nitygirl, Glad to hear you are finally up and running. Good luck with the software!
  9. brydo

brydo New Member

Same issue

Just happened to me, too. I bought the Kore/Komplete bundle. Installed and registered Kore with no issues. Tried installing and registering just the Akoustik Piano and got the ol' "1021".

An automated email from NI arrived soon after indicating the problem would be resolved in 24 hours. Unfortunately, it's a Friday night. Let's see if Tech Support works on Saturdays.

Very disappointing...
  10. sionix

sionix New Member

Sorry to say Brydo, they do not work on the weekend. At least they didn't when I had this problem.
    I understand the need to protect their product and I actually resent those who rip it off, because of them we, the customers that DID pay for it, have to go through this nonsense.
    I definitely though about returning it and going with a competing product. I am glad I held off. The suite is SWEET! The activation SUCKS! It is worse then Microsoft!
  11. brydo

brydo New Member

Enough

It's been five days, NI tech support does not reply to emails. I talked to a rep on the phone & sent them copies of my sales receipt, registration card and UPC symbols from the Komplete 5 box. I still cannot activate my product. I have no choice but to return the software.

As someone who makes a living as a commercial software developer, I would never think of putting one of my customers through this ordeal.
  12. John @ NI

John @ NI NI Team NI Team

native instruments support

Hello from US support -- I checked and I believe this issue has been taken care of already by one of our techs. If you are still having problems please reply to me with your ticket number and I'll make sure the issue is resolved ASAP.
  13. likwidface

likwidface New Member

I installed and activated kore 2 with no problem. Yes, I bought the bundle package. komplete 5 gives me this message that its not licenced yet (1021) . It is irritating to spend good money and get denied. I've emailed tech support, at approximately 12:09pm on April 2nd, 2009. Lets see if it gets resolved within 24 hours.
  14. dangerdawg

dangerdawg New Member

I am having the same problem, sent in an email, hopefully it will be resolved tomorrow.
  15. OmarChavezJr

OmarChavezJr New Member

Having the same issue.

I purchased the KORE 2/KOMPLETE 5 bundle and had the same issue. Kore activated perfectly, but I got the 1021 error. I sent email to tech support. Hopefully problem will be resolved soon.
  16. ThomZ

ThomZ New Member

Same problem still occuring on May 19th.
    I purchased the Komplete 5 Upgrade bundled with Kore 2
  17. brendle

brendle New Member

Just got the Kore 2/Komplete 5 bundle and had this exact problem. This thread has existed for almost a year now and it's still an issue. I contacted registration support and they asked me for some more information and said it would be solved within 24 hours, so I hope that's the case.
  18. brendle

brendle New Member

24 hours later, and haven't heard anything about it, activation still fails.
    ---
    Hi John,

My case number is Ticket#2009061910000179

Anything you could do to help me fix this and be able to actually use the software I purchased in more than a demo version would be extremely helpful. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for your time,

Mark
  19. brendle

brendle New Member

Nothing was done to resolve my problem in the "24 hour timeframe" claimed in the form letter I received. Instead, I received a second copy of the same form letter, with a different case number, despite having submitted this issue only once, and with no regard to the reply I sent the first form letter.

Maybe NI should rework their licensing policy so that they don't actually get paid for the software until they grant you a working license, then perhaps they would be more motivated to address such problems in a more timely fashion. Or, perhaps the people who just decide to pirate this software and not fuss with these ridiculous problems are smarter than they seem.
  20. brendle

brendle New Member

My problem was resolved this morning, after another automated form letter. Not a very impressive showing from NI support at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.