1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Kontakt 4 Crashes in VEPro

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by BloodyJoe, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

Hi,

I updated K4 to 4.03 but it still crashes or plays no sound when loaded in VEPro on Win764. The Crash occurs after reloading a C4 project in that I used a VEPro/K4 combination. Either it plays no sound or crashes completely. I already mailed this to the NI support but the didnt mail me back.

Anybody getting some K4 crashes?
  2. petera

petera New Member

Yes, I have exactly the same problem.

But when I use Kontakt4 32bit (with jbridge) then it works. So it must be a bug in the 64bit version. I am very disappointed that this was not fixed with the 4.03 version.

Best regards,
    Peter
  3. geronimo

geronimo NI Product Owner

I was considering to buy K4 and use it in VE Pro 64 on Win7. I guess it's a good thing i read this thread.
  4. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

Now I got to buy jBridge to make K4 64bit, that is funny. And NI still didn't answered to my support request, they must be working very hard making new soundpacks.
  5. ben_horwood

ben_horwood Forum Member

Wow 2 days and you havent heard back... so sue them!
    And yes, VEPRO64/Kontakt64 is a known issue.

You might want to also try VSL since theirs is the newer of the two products.
    And it's more in their best interest to make sure K4 works with their host.
  6. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

Its 8 days now. The guys from VSL answer back within 3 hours! They told my they are connecting with NI because it is an NI Kontakt 4 bug.

The 32bit K4 (VEPRO32/Kontakt432) also crashes, so it's not only a 64bit issue!
  7. ben_horwood

ben_horwood Forum Member

EWQL PLAY products do not work in VEPRO either.
    I suppose that is also not VSLs fault?

I'm not saying that it might not be an NI issue.
    I'm simply suggesting that perhaps you might want to take VSLs answer with a grain of salt. ;)

Especially given how many hosts Kontakt DOES successfully work in.
  8. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

Play works on my system very well with VEPro, only K4 crashes! Just K4 is way more important then play because most of them 3rd party librarys now run on Kontakt.
  9. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

I tried to reload K4 in Kore2 and it won't reload a saved performance with K4 32bit in it either! So it is not just VEPro. Crash, nothing goes if more than one patch is loaded.
  10. danb1

danb1 New Member

I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem.
    Was there any progress on this VEPRO/K4 reload crash problem?
  11. BloodyJoe

BloodyJoe Forum Member

No, K4 still Crashes when used with VEPro. It even crashes Cubase5 if the VEPro Server application is running in the background without connection to Cubase. So if there is any VEPro running, I can't load any project in that I used Kontakt4!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.