Kontrol s2 works on controller editor but not Traktor Pro 2?

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S4' started by marc180292, Jan 11, 2012.

1. marc180292

marc180292 New Member

I dont understand. in the audio setup preferences on tractor pro is recognises that the S2 is plugged in. BUT no knobs, wheel work. nothing lights up except the USB which is on and not flashing. On the other hand the controller editor recognises is perfectly and sees what knobs are being changed and lights up accordingly.

Oh other thing to note the only thing i can do with this black box is that i can plug in the headphones and play it through there. this is it.

How is it possible that this device is recognises on one application and not the other by the same company?
  2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

My guess is something happened to the mapping for the S2 in traktor. Run the setup wizard again and make sure you tick that you have an S2.
  3. Kensic

Kensic Forum Member

hey marc, did you ever fix that problem?

im having the same issue, traktor 2 sees my s2 but no knobs or buttons work. usb llight is lit but not blinking.

plz tell me you solved it. im going crazy here!
  4. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

First

-Look in the device manager and make sure the s4 is being recognized properly. After installs I have had issues not just with the s4. where a driver does not work properly. This can sometimes be seen and fixed in the device manager.

-Next try a free app called usbdeview. Use this to uninstall all the s4 usb drivers and any drivers from apps you dont need. this solves any conflicts as well frees up ports kind of a usb maintenance. Dont worry any usb drver you delete is recognize and assigned when any device is connected. No permanent or complete application driver uninstalls just the port driver. This is a free app and available on cnet.com or just do a search.

-If all is well there and also with what Count said. I reccomend first reinstalling the s2driver (not the full traktor app. just the current or your preferred driver) drivers are available through your service center app. or online. Do Not leave the S2usb connected while installing.

One of these things should work.
    You just need the driver to work.
    ---
    Oh ignore my s4 talk of course I mean s2 for you
  5. Kensic

Kensic Forum Member

ok i got it to work. i just needed to install controller editor software. then everything was smooth sailor.

but thats just weird tho huh, why does controller editor needed for my s2 to work. weird. o well i guess
  6. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Hmmm

Now that I think of it. The controller editor does have the options for recalibrating jogs, fader, etc. And also can be used with setting up the other NI controllers and such.
    So I guess it does need to recognize the controller and be current to do that.

Good find! I bet a lot of users actually are having issues due to that. Funny thing is doesnt the editor update when the Traktor software updates?
    ---
    Maybe the certain versions of the editors work with the s4 drivers available when they are updated? I have noticed that some s4 drivers are no longer available as well older versions of the editor are no longer available. Possibly to keep it all compatible?
  7. marc180292

marc180292 New Member

Hey guys, I see the replies were a little late so Ill tell you how I fixed the problem for people having the same issue. Since the S2 is VERY NEW. Earlier versions of PRO 2 will not work. If you got the set without the CD and download PRO 2 make sure it is the LATEST version or the problems I had will persist. Thank you
  8. dj doninelli

dj doninelli Forum Member

I am having the same problem with my S2 how do i fix it. I believe i have updated everything.
  9. DJ Czar

DJ Czar New Member

You have to uninstall the Controller editor with the S2 unplugged from the USB port. Then re-install the editor with the USB still unplugged. If done correctly then when you open Traktor Pro everything should be working. If not uninstall everything and reinstall it but be sure that the S2 is never plugged into the USB port until everything is done installing.