Kore Player deactivated my Komplete 4 bundle, now i can't activate Komplete 4

Discussion in 'Product Installation and Activation' started by Akademiks aka Kid Classic, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akademiks aka Kid Classic

Akademiks aka Kid Classic NI Product Owner

A few days ago, I purchased NI Maschine and Kore 2. I also bought a new Mac. I am already a owner of Komplete 4 from when I was running on a PC. When I was installing I came across a brochure for the KorePlayer. I was curious to see what it was like. In a weird turn events it somehow deactivated Komplete 4. When I tried to re-install everything i still can't activate it. It gives me message about it needs to installed as a bundle. I have uninstall, reinstall but still no luck. It also deactivated a few other programs as well.

On another note, I tried to install Maschine a few days ago. I bought it from Guitar Center. I think they gave me a returned product because when i register it said it was register to somebody else. Ok, a few days later NI activated the program for me. I opened Maschine but when I tried to browse through the sounds nothing comes up. Now i searched through my Mac for sounds I put on there. They worked but I can't see or find the sounds from Maschine.

Like I said, I am in the process of reinstalling everything on my Mac. I have to wait till tomorrow to see if everything registers or activates. I am having the worst luck ever. Not only can I not install my NI products but I am having issues with Digital Performer 6 (also returned item) and I bought IK Studio Bundle 2 and I am having issues with that as well. Why is the music god being so mean to me? I just want to make music.

To my NI users, when installing Komplete bundles such as 4 and 5. What steps did ya'll take? With the first disc, I installed whatever that needed to be install. Then I copied everything in their respective folder. I noticed that once certain programs that were installed, the same files from the sample libraries were the same on the cd. Before I copied them somewhere else but now I don't bother with them because they ate some space. Any suggestions? How did ya'll organized everything for Komplete?

Thank you for your time and pray for me because I need it.

-AF*One aka Mr. International
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Welcome =)

1) That definitely shouldn't happen as far as the Kore player goes. I'd uninstall the Service Center and trash its plist. Delete the Service Center folder as well. Now, reinstall the Service Center and run it. If that doesn't work, contact support.
    2) Go into your Maschine preferences and under libraries, set the path to your factory library. The path must end in Maschine Library. Then, hit the rescan button.

I'm also going to move this to the product installation and activation forum.

ew
  3. Akademiks aka Kid Classic

ok thankz
    ---
    Now I am on Disc 5 installing Akoustik Piano and I am getting a message that is telling that it can't find it. It also tells me to reinstall Komplete 4 Installer. I did that and it still gives me the same message.

Do you think this is because I need to activate Komplete 4 first?
  4. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

No. Something's screwy with your install to begin with.
    What I'd do now is do a search for everything related to NI and trash it. Then, reinstall from scratch.

ew
  5. Akademiks aka Kid Classic

Ok, got Maschine working...found the sounds...still having issues with the bundle...my spektral delay...pro-53...and vokator got deactivated...and komplete 4 as well...reinstall, install...no change..same message...can NI reactivate it or something...
  6. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Spektral Delay, Pro-53 and Vokator each need a new serial number and an update. You can find the links to request new serial numbers on the update page here on the site.

For the rest- yeah, they can. What I would do if I were you is contact support. If you can, calling's the quickest way:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/company/contact-ni/

ew
  7. Akademiks aka Kid Classic

I dunno what happened but I got everything working now....I think NI hooked me up...thanks for the help....how can verify I have everything updated correctly, you know with the correct versions of each program...i have been going back and forth with these updaters
    ---
    i noticed sometimes when i do software updates they fail...do you know why
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.