1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

M-Audio Trigger Finger

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by david1978pdx, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david1978pdx

david1978pdx Forum Member

Hello everyone!

I am curious about the M-Audio Trigger Finger. Does anyone here use one with Traktor, and what sorts of things do you use it to control.

I am looking at this piece as being an add-on to my M-Audio X-Session Pro. I currently use the X-Session for cue/play, pitch and volume faders, pitch bend, gain, EQ, montior volume and cue mix.

In my ideas with the Trigger Finger... I was considering using the extra rotary knobs for the FX, the faders for decks C and D, and using the 16 touch pads for beat juggling and looping.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

Cheers!
  2. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

My thoughts exactly.

I've got the two of them,
    but have yet to implement the Trigger Finger into it yet.
    As I haven't really found a need for CUE jumping or CUE triggering
    etc.

I'm a bit more interested in Strapping another X-Session Pro to my current one so that I can get more full 4 deck control going on.

K-Tel
  3. sonicj

sonicj NI Product Owner

i prefer the feel of the pads over any other input devices. reminds me of the old denon's. i've got the korg version and its terrible. you can map out what ever you use beyond the 16 pads by using banks/scenes. simple, solid, highly recommend

Attached Files:

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Forum Member

I'm about to map my trigger finger to control traktor. For those of you that have done this, how does it work programming different banks. If I use 1 bank for controlling the decks, 1 for effects, and 1 for looping what happens when I switch between them. For example, if a knob is turned all the way up in bank 1 and I switch to bank 2 will touching the knob cause whatever is mapped to it to jump to being all the way up? Don't know if that makes sense, but any help would be great
  5. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

I hear what your saying.

I've modified this for the pitch control.

You might want to play around with checking the "Soft Takeover" box when assigning your midi controls. It works in more of a relative mode.

So say you were at 3 oclock position with your knob.
    You switch banks.
    Now the software is at 12 oclock position, but your knob is still at 3 oclock. You turn the know from 3 oclock to 1 oclock.....then the software knob will move from 12 oclock to 10 oclock.

This really helps to prevent the Jumping of your parameter set, but may limit you on your range of the knob (IE you won't be able to reach a certain point without reseting your software knob to 12 oclock once your hardware knob is at 12 oclock)

you've got to play around with it and find what works best for you.

K-Tel
  6. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

Oh yeah,
    you may have trouble remembering which bank you are on.
    You don't want to press a knob or button thinking it is one thing,
    but your actually on a different patch/bank.

So be careful with that when your perfroming.

K-Tel
  7. Zephyr

Zephyr Forum Member

Thanks for the answer, it's definately gonna take tons of playing around with and getting used to.
  8. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

I've got my Trigger Finger set up to pretty much work my FX and loops in T33 and TS. Working on a new set to supplement my VCI-100. My only issue with this is that I had to label the buttons as I kept losing track of what the hell each one did.

The two right sliders select which effect is running on each deck, the two lowest right buttons will be mapped for pitch bend soon enough. This is just what I've been working with having come from TS. With more features to play with in T33 I should be able to fill this thing right up. Now just need more label writer tape...

Attached Files:

9. djd

djd Forum Member

nice layout TeLLy
    can you share your tks. for the trigger finger settings i would like to check it out.
    thanks
  10. TeLLy

Sure, I'll post it up this weekend if I have time. I have to "extract" the Trigger-Finger-only data, as my current tks has VCI-100 settings on it too....or maybe I'll add that one in as well for anyone who may have both like I do.
  11. TeLLy

Here we go, as promised. Sorry for the delay, I hope you can find something to build on with this.

Attached Files:

12. djd

djd Forum Member

thanks TeLLy ;)
  13. TeLLy

About 10 minutes after I posted that I hooked up my VCI and the Trigger Finger and made a dual-controller TKS for running Traktor....I'm finding some interesting combinations using the VCI at the same time as the timecode vinyl.

By having all this crap on my DJ table at home, I want to be able to seamlessly go between having just the turntables (and T33 of course), turntables + trigger finger, and turntables + trigger finger + VcI-100, with minimal config changing between "modes". As such there is some redundancy in the controls....but I'm getting there, slowly but surely. If anyone's interested I'll post that up later this week once I refine it.
  14. scrambled_egg81

scrambled_egg81 NI Product Owner

Would that TKS file work for the Akai MPD-16? What I've got, been toying with the idea of making it Traktor-worthy.
  15. deeflash

deeflash NI Product Owner

INTERESTED! :)
  16. Freekster

Freekster New Member

Hi all,

I started yesterday to map controlls to TF and i did it like Sonicj, but without sync. It works great, but i still need a way to FF/REV CUE. I tried FF and REW in buttons but that was too fast. Also the jump is useless as most of my tracks are not beatmapped. I want a same kind of cue search that is on Denon cd players where the FF/REV buttons stutters the sound so it's easy to find a first beat.

In CD MODE it works like that with mouse. It pushes cue and pause buttons at the same time. How can I do that with TF pads?

I love the feel of the TF pads controlling pitch and bend. I own a Denon2000 oldschool cd players and the controlls feel the same.

Thanx.
  17. TeLLy

Hi deeflash sorry for the wait, I've been putzin around with the tks and while still not final it's getting closer and closer to how I want it considering I've also got my turntables set up right next to the vci and trigger finger. Here's a copy of my latest TKS for the VCI-100 and Trigger Finger. I've attached a pic of my trigger finger labels so you see what each one does, but as for the VCI-100 it's basically a hodgepodge of stuff that's been taken out of the various TKS files for it posted on here. Credit is due to esession and Ean Golden, who each posted a TKS for the VCI-100, I've taken a piece of your work to build mine. Thanks to those guys.

I just noticed my pic isn't too clear on what the sliders on the left side of the TF do...the two leftmost select the FX (deck insert) and the two rightmost select loop length.

The VCI-100 part of the TKS is pretty standard, but I changed the effects buttons and knobs to go left to right in the order 1-4. I know this was reversed in other TKS's posted here but I much preferred having button 1 (aka FX ON) on the left of that array. Don't use the other buttons too much anyway, but having the knobs behave as I was comfortable was the bigger goal for me. As well, the 3 leftmost buttons on the VCI-100, next to the left pitch fader were changed to select internal mode, absolute mode, and relative mode, as the VCI is always plugged in, and I need these to quickly switch between using turntables with control vinyl and the VCI jogwheels. Hope this is of use to some of you.

Attached Files:

18. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

trigger finger set-up

"quote=

In my ideas with the Trigger Finger... I was considering using the extra rotary knobs for the FX, the faders for decks C and D, and using the 16 touch pads for beat juggling and looping."
    ""

HERES MY FILE FOR THE TRIGGER FINGER. I USE THE DEFAULTS THAT ARE LOADED FROM ENIGMA. -- some of this is messed up though it works. see attachment

Then I select pad bank 16. I believe. Its been about a month since i used it last.

I have the pads set up for 2 deck beat juggling. eight pads for each deck . The four knobs above each eight pads are for the corresponding. Deck's eq controls. Then the pitch faders course and fine are set up on the sliders. I hardly ever touch them..

The top row are the pitch bend pads forward and backward.

Then the three sets underneath are linked to the =beatjump box. Whatever the increment there the pads take on.

I want to program the configuration so that the touch sensativety of the pads allows user choose which increment to jump by

light touch-bend
    2-first increment
    3-second increment
    hard-third increment.

Then i could map the rest of the pads to cue points or a similar loop start/end selection scheme.

This really isn't intended for performance more for finding loops that I like and locking them and figuring out which phrases sound good together.

What i really lke about this set-up is the eqs, when used with the xzone emulation. it puts the treble and the bass one above the other respectively and then the two mids are one above the other.

When im loop surfing and composing i generally get a rough loop set in with no set beat# and then tweak it for a while see if it makes me puke or not. then I snap it and lock it .. if its a 12 or 18 20 28 whatever wherever it sounds nice. and start looking in the other deck thats where the incremental transport on the pads helps. I can only take so much of that first loop I made before I get bored so having increments on the pads is nicer than running around with the mouse. Also having sync on a key is good and then the pitch bend on the pads lets me push the sync point around and find a nice groovey spot to listen in while im beat jumping by fours and eights etc.

See where the touch sensativety would come in handy? Then I could be setting loops with the pads in the same pad set.

Ok here is the cool part about this set up--- the eqs. are right above the pads. and the dual mid basically allows you to set a variable crossover point gain point notch what ever you call it. on that deck. it feels like a filter but its static.(doesn't move)

That along with the transport control on the pads makes for pretty quick intuitive control while searching for mixable loops. Getting the loops set and then finding the eq settings that make them sound good together ie cutting one sound part to see where the new loop fits.. its all available for one hand to work with. And the tactile sense of the rubber pads and knobs is very good. Also it fits on a mic stand so it doesn't take up any desk real estate.

I really like the trigger finger for this .. I just can't figure out the blasted touch sensativey thing and how to send those notes to traktor.

I don't have it with me right now so im not working on the configuration any more. Hopefully someone will fill in these blanks for me.. in the meantime. thanks

Attached Files:

19. Saturnin79

Saturnin79 NI Product Owner

Thanks so much - i'll try this out !
  20. DJ Paragon

DJ Paragon Forum Member

Telly - i tried your tks and it loaded fine but nothing works on trigger finger...knobs...pads...nothing...i loaded it everything shows up as mapped but like i said...nada, any thoughts on what i'm doing wrong?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.