1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Make Traktor work with Serato Hardware

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by djfirestone, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfirestone

djfirestone New Member

The reality is that right now the majority of clubs have serato units installed.

It would really be a huge benefit to make Traktor and Traktor Pro work with Serato's hardware. Create DRIVERS that work with Serato's hardware.

I don't mind using Traktor control vinyl.

But please create the drivers. Even if you have to sell the feature.

I would be willing to pay extra for this. It would make my life a whole lot easier. It would also help NI in the long run since DJs will be more likely to make the switch to Traktor.

In the long run Native instruments needs to get Audio 8s installed into more big clubs around the world.

Thanks
  2. The Assistant

The Assistant NI Product Owner

LOL! Are you serious? Really?

That would be like buying a Mac and it comes pre-installed with Windows Vista.
  3. Ancipital

Ancipital NI Product Owner

Code:
    s/ with Serato Hardware//

4. djthc

djthc NI Product Owner

Audio 8DJ is better soundcard than serato, also traktor is better than serato!
  5. GarySan

GarySan NI Product Owner

@ The Assistant
    You're right.
    Somehow one of the new big selling argument with Intel Macs is the POSSIBILITY to install Windows...
    It's always good to know you will not be stucked with your hardware, or that you will have convenient possibilities (like not having to unplug everything since serato is the club standard and TS/TSP users often appears like pisstakers or capricious kids when 8 dvs users out of 10 have SSL).
    The opposite could be nice as well serato working on an Audio 8...
    Also i'd like to try Deckadance or Mixvibes with my A8dj and TC vinyl. Since this is possible with Serato's box the equivalent should exist with our hardware...

@ Ancipital:
    ?
  6. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Hmm... Serato's SL1 is just a sound card(*), right? What reason is there for it not to work with Traktor?

(*) Ok, it doubles as a dongle for the Scratch Live software, but basically - it's just a soundcard with given number of inputs and outputs.
    ---
    Perlism... Substitute " with Serato Hardware" with "" and the OP's message title works better :)
  7. Macaque

Macaque New Member

lol it will never happen for obvious reasons.
  8. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

It's not a bad 'think outside the box' idea
  9. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Its a bit like wanting to play X-box games on the Playstation. We all want one machine to do it all but ...
  10. anx

anx NI Product Owner

i've pretty much gotten used to making the switch.

If the dj before you is playing on serato, you make sure he is on his last track, then switch out the channel that is not playing. Just be careful.

Throw on your first track then quickly make the next switch.

Do the same thing for the next person who is playing serato after you...i find that no serato guys have a clue what to do, and panic every time they see a traktor box being used before their set....

Its nice if the club has an allen and heath, then you can just use the other 2 channels that they are not using and just mix out of their record...
  11. brainstorm2001

brainstorm2001 Forum Member

serato drivers

You can find in internet the drivers to user the serato hardware like a normal soundcard, but only for windows... not for MAC
  12. chilly

You shouldn't need to load drivers for a soundcard on a mac.
  13. Ancipital

Depends, core audio drivers often get basic stuff working, but you often need the drivers for the advanced control over routing, sample rate and all that cack. Depends on the hardware though, some don't have any extra goodies.

NFI about the serato hardware, sadly- only played with it on someone else's machine.
  14. DiscoPoelie

DiscoPoelie NI Product Owner

:D :D :D

Too bad there are so few people who understand regular expressions and stuff :(
  15. Ancipital

Reee-speck, DiscoPoelie :)
  16. djfirestone

djfirestone New Member

I hate Serator. I think traktor is much better. The point is that it is a pain in the ass to always bring the audio 8 and all its cords and sometimes it is not easy to get to the back of the mixers at some clubs.

And until NI makes an effort to get clubs wired - djs are not going to make an effort to switch even if they want to.

Since it is such a pain.

I don't mind doing it - just wish there was a better way.
  17. Karlos Santos

Is that a serious comment?

Why is it a pain to bring your audio8. Do you mean swapping from the previous dj who may be using the serato soundcard.
    I could say the same the other way round. I know 2 djs in my area that use Serato . I know 6 that use Traktor. Seems that the perceived 'default', 'market leader' isnt always so. Just a thought.;)
  18. chilly

Well it's true everywhere else I guess then. Most of the clubs here have Serato hardware preinstalled
  19. Karlos Santos

Fair do's. Just not the case in UK. well not in my experience.
    Do clubs really have serato hooked up so you can rock up and plug the cable in and your good to go ?

Still its the clubs decision not something NI can influence.
    I can see the point of a universal system but id guess that Serato would be against it as much as NI ?

My knowledge of Serato is limited (although im currently getting to grips with it).
    Whilst were here , does itch work with any midi contoller or just the ones they certify . I should RTFM eh ;)
  20. chilly

Of course it's not NI's influence. It's the club's choice.

I think Itch only supports controllers with high-resolution midi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.