making a tune with more than the 8 groups?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by apricotandpearjam, Apr 24, 2012.

1. apricotandpearjam

apricotandpearjam Forum Member

hi.

i want to be able to make a beat/tune using more than the 8 groups/banks.

similar to how the MPC used to let you use as many programs of 64 sounds as you can get into memory and i think 4 x 64 could be used in any sequence.

is this at all possible?

thanks!
  2. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

no, you have 8 groups end of story - want more? use it as a vst and open several maschines - that way you can have as many as your processor will allow.
  3. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

I would suggest you take a deeper look at how things are structured and can be structured in Maschine.

If you are comparing MPC Programs to Maschine Groups you are to high up in the Maschine hierarchy.
    Make better use of your Instrument slots.
  4. apricotandpearjam

i see where you guys are coming from but for me maschine limits me with so few banks/groups per song.
  5. DJ Hellfire

DJ Hellfire Forum Member

As I responded in your other thread, get familiar with mapping. Each pad could theoretically be its own group (of up to 128 samples). The concept is the same as a percussion kit/patch on a general midi sound module.
  6. apricotandpearjam

i hear ya but keyboard mode/mapping does NOT give you features like solo/mute/pitch etc. if you add a compressor onto the sound it will affect that whole kit, rather than the sample.

THIS is why i need banks and can't use keyboard mode.
  7. Stephen hot

Stephen hot New Member

If you are comparing MPC Programs to Maschine Groups you are to high up in the Maschine hierarchy.
    Make better use of your Instrument slots.
  8. DJ Hellfire

DJ Hellfire Forum Member

Yeah, true! I made a suggestion here: http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166918
  9. apricotandpearjam

really glad you agree. its a BIG missing feature in maschine for me.

thanks for taking the time to do this!
  10. DJ Hellfire

DJ Hellfire Forum Member

No doubt! Not really that bid of a deal for me since I decided to scale down the amount of sounds I load. But I see a lot of requests/complaints in this area of Maschine.
  11. BennySpencer

BennySpencer New Member

yo hellfire, could you elaborate briefly what you mean when you say that each pad could have 128 samples? I am trying to work this out in my head and can't figure it out.

I basically want to familiarize myself with as many different approaches to arranging sounds in maschine as possible.

Thanks
  12. apricotandpearjam

each pad can already contain 128 samples. basically you can slice a sample and apply it to a pad/sound. this then maps itself behind the pad in keyboard mode. the problem with this is that you can't mute, solo, or pitch a sample, it will treat all 128 samples as the same 'sound' or 'pad'

we are all suggesting that if there were banks (more than 16 samples per group) then these important functions would be available to each sound, plus you'll get LOADS more room for extra samples.

follow?
  13. BennySpencer

BennySpencer New Member

Cool, yeah I mostly follow...

you're saying that if there were say for example, four possible "banks" of assigned samples WITHIN a single group, then the amount of real estate for samples would grow and the creative possibilities would start getting very interesting.

What I still don't understand, please indulge me here I'm basically should be starting a new thread; but I don't know how to assign a sliced sample to a single pad. Every time I slice a sample and assign it it maps out across the whole pad area and that's all you can use within that group.

Whoa, hang on, so wow I'm missing something major here I think. I saw that guy on youtube through dubstep do this action and I was wondering how to do it. So you can slice a sample and then just assign it to a group? I'm going to try this right now.
    ---
    and by dubstep I mean dubspot