1. Updated TRAKTOR hardware drivers for Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10:

There is an important new driver update available for your TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1, AUDIO 2 DJ, AUDIO 4 DJ, or AUDIO 8 DJ. These drivers fix an issue which occasionally caused the hardware to disconnect.

We strongly recommend this update to anyone using these TRAKTOR products with Mac OS 10.9 or 10.10 to ensure the best possible hardware performance.

To install the latest driver, please follow the link for your device and select version 2.7.0 to download.

Update TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1
    Update AUDIO 2 DJ
    Update AUDIO 4 DJ
    Update AUDIO 8 DJ

If you are currently running Mac OS 10.8 or lower, please disregard this update.

Mapping Hercules RMX to Traktor Pro 2

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by midas23, Nov 8, 2011.

1. midas23

midas23 New Member

Recently, I got a Hercules Rmx DJ console, but I'm totally new to djing so I have no idea about mapping or any of that stuff. Im running Traktor Pro 2 on my MacbookPro (Snow Leopard) and I have no idea how to make it work together, or how to map it. I would very much appreciate some help with making this work, thanks.
  2. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

3. midas23

midas23 New Member

Ok, well i followed the instructions all the way up to the part where it says: "MIDI Layout for the DJ Console Rmx and Traktor 2 Pro/Duo NOTE: The terms used are those employed in Traktor
    Main Configuration: BALANCE knob set to RIGHT
    A- Deck Input Select B- Deck Gain C- EQ (Bass/ Mid/ Treble) and EQ Kill D- Scratch On/Off E- Tempo bend - F- Tempo bend + G- Loop:
    1: Loop Size –Previous 2: Loop Set 3: Loop Size -Next
    H- Cues 4: Previous Cue/Loop
    5: Cue Set /Store
    6: Next Cue/Loop I- Tempo
    J- Seek position K- Monitor Cue L- Load Selected M- Sync
    N- Jog Scratch - Tempo bend O- Volume fader P- Master Volume Q- Cue
    R- Seek position: (Stop – return to start) S- Play/Pause T- X-Fader"
    (And then a picture of the rmx and corresponding letters)

Im guessing you need to do something with this, but i really dont know what to do.
    Or do you need some other device to make it work? (http://www.djresource.eu/Imagedump/image/423/ref/183/back-panel-hercules-rmx/) maybe something with the back panel. THanks.
  4. midas23

midas23 New Member

Wait, nevermind. I got it working, kind of. So the problem was the drivers werent up to date, now the only problem is when i open traktor and have the RMX connected the tracks playing are gray and no sound is coming out.
  5. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

You've also configured the Audio section as described at the beginning of the document ?

Once this is done, you also need to connect your speakers (to Output 1-2) and headphone to the Rmx.
  6. k0rf

k0rf New Member

Hi everyone!
    I'll just borrow the thread for a second if that's ok =)

I have a slight problem with my RMX. I used the mapping tks-file from Hercules website and everything works great - except that when i use the scratch function to pan around in the song it won't play any sound after i press play again.
    I then have to use the mouse and nudge the deck for the music to come back... The pulse meter is working but the sound waves doesn't move and no sound is coming trough!

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Thank you
    // Kevin
  7. midas23

midas23 New Member

Thanks for all the help, im just wondering if i can make it so that
    the 1-6 buttons do certain things like 1 plays cue number 1, 2 plays cue number 2, and maybe put some effects on certain buttons, or you might say how to customize it. And also the jog wheels/ turn table things dont work while the song is playing, only when its paused.
  8. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

It looks like the last Traktor update is not fully compatible with the mapping and something changed regarding the jogwheel. We'll have to look into that.

@midas23

To learn how to modify the mapping, the Traktor user manual is the place to start. If you want to dig deeper, www.traktorbible.com is the place to go.
  9. midas23

midas23 New Member

Where would i find this?
  10. ygor8

ygor8 New Member

Problems with loop set

I have the same map but loop set button dsn´t work anytime. It´s works like cue in other to loop set.

Please, could you tell me the reason ?

Thanks
  11. specilk84

specilk84 New Member

Hercules RMX / Traktor Pro 2 :: Midi Functions/ LED Illum

hey-
    Just opened my RMX today, pretty exciting, certainly had a few technical difficulties.

I have been mapping the controls for the RMX myself, and using the default keyboard as a companion mapping.

I am wondering how / if / there is a way to also have the LED's to map and work appropriately. For instance, I can map the eq. kill, and the button works great, sound is coming through, etc., but I am really hoping there is a way to have the LED also come on.

I see the software has a dedicated place for two of the Native INstrument controllers, and there is mention of LED lighting there, but I am setting up the generic file, and am not seeing any information.

help would be greatly appreciated.
  12. DJ Phatso

DJ Phatso Forum Member

@Specilk84

The LEDs can be mapped by assigning them with Add Out, and selecting the function you want to use, the same way you wold with buttons.

The good thing with the Rmx (and other Hercules controllers) is that most LEDs are using the same MIDI command for inputs and outputs, so that makes the mapping process fast (although still having to do it manually is a real pain.

However, please note that only the buttons that lit up when connecting the console to the computer have LEDs. This is not the case for the EQ kill unfortunately.