Maschine & Ableton Live

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by DSProductionz, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSProductionz

DSProductionz Forum Member

I am wondering if anyone here can help me wrap my head around using Maschine to control Ableton Live? I have set up Maschine and it does trigger scenes in Ableton Live but I am looking at setting up Maschine so that I can hit a pad to start recording a part and then hit the same pad to stop recording a part. Basically, I am a turntablist and I would like to set up Ableton live like a loop station. I want to drum parts on from records and then hit a pad to record them and then hit a pad to stop and then select a new track and then record more parts and so on and so on...

I have seen people doing this but can never figure how to go about setting up Ableton Live and Maschine. Can someone explain?

Thanks,
  2. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

If you use Maschine to trigger clips...with what do you play the drum-part, while recording?
    --
    (edit: oh, you want to record parts from plates...You can use midi-notes to trigger clips. Check manual. Basically press learn-mode and hit the desired key-range on keyboard.)
    --
    Maybe there is a template for AbletonLive-layout somewhere.
    --
    Or put maschine in midi-mode ..if it exists.

---
    god, there is a sticky...you saw it?
  3. DSProductionz

Im my case I would use a midi keyboard, maybe my Motif ES or M-Audio Oxygen 8... If Maschine could do this I would most likely want to do it that way...

I know how to assign Midi notes in Ableton but it seems that the Controller Editor Template for Maschine & Ableton takes control over this? I want to figure out basically how to build my own template and take more control over Ableton Live with Maschine the way I want it to be?

Does anyone know of a template or have a template for this particular setup?

I want to know if this is possible too? I think I read somewhere that you can basically setup Ableton and Maschine where Ableton will be the main sequencer and Maschine the controller and you use Maschine in Ableton as if you were using in in the Stand alone mode for Maschines software? Anyone know if this is possible?
  4. MIDI-IN-Kartell

MIDI-IN-Kartell Forum Member

Shift + Control = MIDI mode
  5. Klinke

Klinke Account Suspended

I was interested...and i saw some videos on the NI-site. The "bald-headed-guy" explaines it very well.
    There is a video about Ableton+Maschine and one about the midi-mode.

(If it doesn't work i can give you my adress, just send the maschine and the problem is gone.)
  6. DSProductionz

Klinke,

Anyway you can link me to the video? They have a lot of videos on there?
  7. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

Dayam! watch them all!
    ---
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9RC0lkJsto"]YouTube - Maschine Tutorial #21: Controlling Ableton Live[/ame]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.