1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Maschine Controller Driver not working

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by mycole, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mycole

mycole Forum Member

I've taken a trip to Indonesia and I don't have my Maschine Installation CD with me, so I downloaded the Maschine Driver "MaschineController_Driver_2010_Win.zip" in order to at least be able to use my Maschine as a midi controller with Traktor.

I installed the driver without any errors.

I plug in the Maschine Controller. It appears the device has been recognized.
    Maschine gives two sweeping light flashes, but then no buttons are lit and the LCD displays remain blank.

If I start Traktor, it appears that Traktor recognizes that Maschine is there, but doesn't receive any midi notes when I press Maschine's buttons... Maschine's buttons also don't illuminate when pressed.

Any idea what to do? Does this driver actually work?
  2. res308

res308 Forum Member

Sure you switched to midi mode (shift+control), and not still in "maschine" mode?

In teh template documentation, for traktor:

1. Open “NI – Maschine.tsi” from Traktor by clicking “Import” on the preferences panel in
    Traktor Pro. The file can be found in the Controller Editor application folder,subfolder
    can be found in the Controller Editor application folder, sub folder
    “Template Support Files”. In the dialog “Select Categories to import” click OK.
    2. Load the “Traktor Pro” template in the Controller Editor.
  3. ew

ew Moderator

Which version of Windows? If you're XP, the found new hardware wizard will pop up and you still need to let Windows install the drivers.

With either XP or Vista, a reboot after the install's a good thing.

ew
  4. mycole

mycole Forum Member

The problem doesn't seem to be with the Templates... Midi isn't being sent from Maschine. There's a little icon at the top of Traktor that lights up anytime midi messages are being received by Traktor. Considering that there are no illuminated buttons and the LCD screens are blank after the initial sweeping flashes of light on Maschine when it's first plugged in, it seem to be a problem with my Maschine controller or its driver.

I'm using Windows XP SP3. I installed the Driver. Plugged in Maschine. I did get the Windows driver installation thing (maybe 2-3 times total). Each time I finished the installation without errors by allowing Windows to search for the driver. I then restarted.

I still get the same thing. Everything is blank.

I also, tried uninstalling the driver and redoing everything in the same order, but still got the same results.

Any ideas?
  5. ew

ew Moderator

Try a different USB cable and/or port.

ew
  6. mycole

mycole Forum Member

Okay. I tried 3 different ports and 3 different cables. I get the same thing each time unfortunately. I also hooked it up to some else's computer and I get the same thing.

There are no lights on at all after the initial flashes.
  7. res308

res308 Forum Member

Once again just to be sure: do you switch to midi mode (shift+control)?
    After the initial flashes, is there something on the lcd screens or are they blank?
  8. mycole

mycole Forum Member

Yes, I tried going into midi mode (shift+control). I've done this plenty of times before but the unit doesn't seem to respond like it normally would. There's absolutely no indicators after the two initial sweeping flashes of light. I would say the unit was turned off, but both Traktor and Bomes Midi Translator can see that the Maschine controller is plugged in. It's listed in their Midi inputs.

Yes, they are blank. The whole unit looks like it's not plugged in. The LCD looks like it's off, no button lights are on either.

Interestingly, I read this post about a guy trying to update to 1.0.3 and getting the exact same behavior. (https://www.nativeinstruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87643). This issue may be related because I downloaded and tried to use this update initially before I realized that there was a separate smaller Controller driver available. The 1.0.3 update would not continue because I don't have the Full Version of Maschine installed on my laptop (I reinstalled Windows just 1 ago).

Unfortunately, I can't resolve the issue like he did by re-downloading the allegedly corrupt 1.0.3 update and re-updating because I still don't have the Full Version of the install with me until I return to the US.

Is there an update link that has the original version for download?

There was also this post about no lights or controller response after several weeks of use: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=83540. They don't seem to have any more idea what causes this issue or how to resolve it though.
  9. ew

ew Moderator

*hits self over the head with a large object*

I'm sorry- my brain's been asleep. There's your problem. The controller driver installer needs the original install as a refernce.

ew
  10. rimski

rimski New Member

hi i really need some help i just purchased a Maschine the other day iv installed it to my Imac but when i get going on the mashine it crashes and shutts down ? i have got enouth Ram "3G" its only happening with Maschine any 1 had the same problems
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.