Maschine: Crackling and noise

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Dave's, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Dave's

Dave's New Member

Hello,

I already a few threads about crackling noises. I followed all advices found. I'm still having problems with Maschine and some popping/crakling noises while playing.

- I mainly hear it when I hit the pads.
    - Once it started happening, it keeps on happening, even when playing back, without touching the pads. It happens on when the sample is played.

I'm running Maschine (All up to date) + Komplete 8 (Reaktor, Kontact, Guitar Rig,...), on a MacBook Air (OS 10.7.3). I've been using this same set up for about 6 months now. The problem only started last week.

To test solutions. I cranked up the latency to 2048, sample rate at 44100, , turned off Bluetooth, Wifi,... I need the Wifi though. I'm using to sync midi clocks. I restarted the computer, Maschine, everything possible.

I do not have this problem back on my iMac. Which means, the hardware must be fine.

I love my Maschine. :) I almost compose everything on it. This problem sucks! I can't work like that. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Thank you!
    Dave
  2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

are you sure the problem is not your MacBook Air?

you should not need to use a latency above 512.

have you tried an External Audio Device?

also, are you sure it is not the Audio cable?

sowari
  3. Dave's

Dave's New Member

Yes, it used it with my Duet (Apogee).

Last night, I worked with my headphones directly connected to the laptop output (No Duet). Using only one cable, the USB connector. The crackling problem happened again.

Don't know what else to try? :(

Thanks for your reply.
    Dave
  4. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

do you get crackling if you load just one Kit in Maschine Standalone?

sowari
  5. Dave's

Dave's New Member

No. I'm good to load a few kits and/or instruments before I hear any problems. It happens after a little while of playing, after about the fourth or fifth instruments/kits.

Looks like too many kits/instruments would cause the application to overload... If that's making any sense. Although, I'm not expecting 4-5 instruments to be too much. I have done much more than that in the past.

Thanks again!
    Dave
  6. Dave's

Dave's New Member

Ok. After a few more jams, the crackling is happening still.

My new observations/thoughts:

- The problem is related to this laptop (MacBook Air) and/or this version of Maschine software. This new song worked fine on my iMac.

- Looks like Maschine becomes too full, or reaches a limit. My problem is that 5-6 kits/instruments is not that much. :( At least I think.

- The red meter in the top right corner was still full on red (between the the power/volume graphics).

Is there a sort of cache in Maschine?
    Quit and open again doesn't work.

My hardware set up is:
    - 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    - 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    - Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

Thanks + Good day!
    Dave