Maschine Demo Download?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by alexbuga, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

So when we'll be able to download a 30 day trial ? Any news ?
  2. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

Yeah.... I guess not. Thanks anyway. I'll have a look at Motu's BPM. Maybe they answer emails & stuff.
  3. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

If anybody knew, they would have posted.

ew
  4. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

Yeah, but I don't understand why there's no demo until now. It's a very important aspect if you ask me. As I told before: there are some of us who can't get their hands on hardware at the local store, because there's no such thing. There's just a company that retails NI's products via online store.

And that sucks. It's not that cheap for a hobby musician like me who is not earning money from music.
  5. ew

ew Moderator Moderator

Why? Because it hasn't been released yet- the official release isn't until next month.

Figure in at least one maintenance update due to the lead time required to have the DVDs duplicated, and then making a demo version of that- somehing that will give a good overall feel for the program but still be not too large to download.

My guess? Maybe middle of March/beginning of April at the earliest.

ew
  6. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

Thanks. That's what I was thinking too :)

Man... I can hardly wait to get my hands on it :)
  7. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

will there be a demo version of the software?

I would like to demo the software at some point to see if it does everything I would want.

Will this be available soon?
  8. arovia

arovia Forum Member

i guess your local music store will have Maschine installed for demo when it comes out..
  9. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

Trust me, my local music stores will NOT have maschine. That's why I'd like to know if there will be a software demo. That will tell me all I need to know.
  10. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

Same here. They are basically a warehouse that sells through internet.
  11. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

I have a bad feeling there won't be any demo download at all :( after I've seen the 1.0.2 update today.
  12. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

i actually don't know... but

The 1.0.2 update has been release early becuase so many people have received the product.

sorting out a demo version does take time.

sowari
  13. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

At least I hope we'll get the documentation on March 1st. Although, looking on other NI products, they don't have the docs online as a free download :(
  14. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

No, but the demos include the full manuals (a la Kore 2).
  15. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

And that leads to my problem :D No demo no manual :p
    I'm sure they'll post one. They have a demo for everything, unlike the guys from Motu which I had to beg for a demo of BPM with no result :(
  16. Zurie

Zurie Forum Member

One thing I've noticed is that when you install the product you have a 15 day "trial" or demo. if you don't wanna input your serial # you don't have to for 15 days.

the only problem is the Library is 5+ gigs, so I don't know how a demo is going to work... but as far as the Software plugin, it does have a demo mode. I am sure they can post the plugin online for demo, but I assume they are working out what samples and how many the demo gets, (size of dled, etc). plus I didn't activate my 15 day trial, so I don't know if its too functional (like a legit product but only working for 15 days) maybe they have to trim it down so the demo doesn't get used and abused as a full program?
  17. alexbuga

alexbuga Forum Member

Yeah you're probably right. That's good news. I wonder why nobody mentioned that before ;)
  18. emzism

emzism Forum Member

not sure how cool a demo is going to be without the use of the hardware
  19. sowari

because that version was bought with the Hardware Controller.

you still have to register the bought package. and until you register it, it runs in demo mode.

a demo version without the Gardware Controller is something else.

sowari
  20. sowari

the software is pretty cool even without the Hardware Controller.

sowari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.