Maschine Freezing With Ableton Live 8

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DJBarley, Apr 24, 2012.

1. DJBarley

DJBarley New Member

I've had it freeze on me when using it in Control Mode and not in Control Mode. The Maschine interface stops working after about 5 minutes, though the lights stay on and keep blinking they do not respond to input. Ableton is still responsive but the Maschine has to be unplugged before it will work again. Anyone have a workaround for this or a solution? I've updated fully so I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue.

Thanks
  2. FUNKTIONAL

FUNKTIONAL NI Product Owner

hi
    I have the same problem and I could not find any solution maybe a driver issue.have you found any solution ?

peace
    b
  3. DJBarley

DJBarley New Member

No, so far no response from anyone else or the NI team... very frustrating.
  4. TheStreisandEffect

TheStreisandEffect Forum Member

5. ChelCam

ChelCam New Member

Thanks! I also was wondering about that. I knew there had to be a bug or somethin like that. Thanks for the details!.:)
  6. FUNKTIONAL

As I understand from the reply of the support team this is a confirmed bug and they've been working on it.scratching the surface maschine itself is enough to make good music without controlling anything

peace
    b
  7. DJBarley

DJBarley New Member

Thank you TheStreisandEffect!

FUNKTIONAL: Yeah, okay, it's still usable in the sense that it's a beatpad, but the Ableton MIDI control was a large part of why I bought the Maschine in the first place.
  8. sada96

sada96 New Member

All things are difficult before they are easy.
    [​IMG]
  9. FUNKTIONAL

DJBarley I understand your pain that the maschine doesn't work as advertised .I hope they will solve it with an update

peace
    b
  10. Mads L

Mads L NI Product Owner

We are seeing this randomly, so the more detail you can provide the better. It also seems to be isolated on OSX systems, correct?

- Did you update to latest driver & controller editor from the driver section?. There is a 1.4.5 update out.
    - Did you download the update for the ableton template via service center?.
    - Can you also reproduce the problem when ONLY having maschine connected directly to a USB port and not to a hub?. With Various cables?.
    - Please disconnect any devices on the physical midi in/outputs of maschine and retry.

If any of you that are suffering this problem have xcode installed, and know how to produce a shark log, please send me a PM since this would be a great help in tracking the issue on your systems.
  11. DJBarley

DJBarley New Member

As far as I can tell it is only on OSX (WHICH MOST PEOPLE WHO MAKE MUSIC ON COMPUTERS USE) and yes I have updated all of the drivers (including 1.4.5 Controller update) and it still freezes after 1-2 minutes of use. This is unbearable, it is so frustrating I cannot even use the Maschine for what I bought it for! I have done everything you asked, checked different cables, Maschine is the only thing connected to my computer. It is connected directly (no hub) and there is nothing connected to the MIDI In or MIDI Out. If you tell me how to do this stuff with Xcode I'll try to do it because I just want this problem fixed, or my money back!