1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Maschine Installation Disc?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by AlexBFA, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexBFA

AlexBFA New Member

While moving it seem that I either misplaced or lost my Maschine Installation Disc and also did a complete install of Windows 7. When it came time for me to look for the disc that is when I realized I am SOL. It will a long time before NI will send me a replacement disc - they are going thru a phase while is going to take a good while. I really would like to have my Maschine back online and continue with my projects.

Here is the question: In order to start the Maschine installation it requires the initial software which I believe is like version 1.xx (I take it). Is it illegal for someone to make a copy of the software - of course I have my registration numbers. Just need a copy of the Installation disc. I really do not see any harm as the registration numbers are on a CARD and NOT in the installation disc itself.

It would be nice for situations like this that NI would have an ISO image of the installation disc on the server.

I sure do not want to go out and buy another Maschine just to get the disc - believe me, I have been seriously thinking about it.

ADG
  2. digitalmidgets

digitalmidgets New Member

I also think it would be a good idea to have an ISO online as i needed 1 the other day to install on my laptop while the music computer is being repaired and the laptop discdrive doesn't read dual layer discs. Luckily i could borrow a portable dvd disc from a friend. There are a couple torrents of the software but i don't know if they are real / dodgy. But i would pressume it is illegal to copy any software whateve the circumstance
  3. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

Please do not recommend people to use Torrent downloads. This is a breach of Forum rules.

You can login to the Support Website and download the Maschine software and any other installers/drivers/manuals that you are entitled to.
    You can also view your Registration numbers.

And yes it is illegal to copy and pass on the software.
    Please abide by your licence agreements guys:)

Support Login is your email address. Password may be different to your Forum password.

Karlos
  4. ew

ew Moderator

You're allowed to make a copy for backup purposes. You aren't allowed to copy somebody else's disc or lend a copy to somebody else.
    The installer's 5 GB. If NI did that with all their apps, the traffic could get horrendous- the Kontakt library's close to 45 GB, after all.
    Contact support; they'll send you out a replacement DVD for a nominal cost.
    Thread closed.

ew
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.