1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Maschine keeps freezing on me!

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by TYPHY, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TYPHY

TYPHY Forum Member

Man this can't be happening.. it can't be going bad already. I've only had it since March. I never travel with it, it's been sitting on my desk since day one and always unplugged+covered when not in use. It's never been dropped or mishandled. I don't even bang on the pads much.. I mostly use a midi keyboard for triggering sounds. wtf is the deal yo.

The damn thing keeps freezing.. no buttons are responsive. I have to unplug and plug back in and it's fine again.. but then few minutes later it freezes again. This is driving me insane. $600 and it's bugging in less than a year? What's the warranty on this thing?
  2. Speaker

Speaker Forum Member

Should be one year
  3. TYPHY

TYPHY Forum Member

The thing is I bought my Maschine from Sweetwater.com because it was like $40 cheaper. And I don't have the receipt neither.. will NI still help me out?
  4. Speaker

Speaker Forum Member

5. TheStreisandEffect

TheStreisandEffect Forum Member

Mine is freezing up as well. I thought it was due to a frimware bug that would be fixed but since I've updated it still just stops working. Sometimes even plugging it back in just causes it to load the little circle logo and it just sits there. This device has lost me hundeds of dollars already because I've had to cancel and reschedule a ton of shows and no one at NI has addressed whether this is a known bug or if it's spefcific to individual devices. I've already posted the issue on other threads and no reply to any of them.
  6. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator

Certainly not a bug. You should contact support.
  7. sowari

sowari Moderator

you should contact tech support.

are you using a USB hub for all of your USB connections? if not, you should buy a decent powered USB hub.

surely you have some sort of record of the transaction with Sweetwater?

sowari
  8. TheStreisandEffect

TheStreisandEffect Forum Member

Actually it is a bug

They are now well aware that this actually is a bug and plan to fix it in a future update.
  9. Idiot Savant

Idiot Savant Forum Member

online instrument purchases

sweetwater, musicians friend are very helpful when it comes to requestingn online invoice purchases. Musicians Friend still had my invoice and recently emailed it to me for a purchase in 2009. Sweet huh.?