1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Maschine templates

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by TechnoG0D, Mar 12, 2009.

1. TechnoG0D

TechnoG0D NI Product Owner

Here is a quick little scene change template that uses program changes to change scenes when recording in a daw.

Just arm a Maschine track, Load this Controller template and bank a pad to switch scenes.

So far i have just done bank A Scenes 1 - 16

You can copy the bank to another one and chane the control values to different ones if you need more.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ew

ew Moderator

I was going to put a sticky up for templates. I'll do that now, and merge this thread into it.

Thanks =)

ew
  3. jbone1313

jbone1313 Forum Member

Fyi: there's a good program change Maschine template in the NI knowledge base.
  4. sowari

sowari Moderator

hi TechnoG0D, am i correct in thinking you use Logic? does this work in Logic for you?

the reason i say this is becuase your scene change and the NI scene change only work when they are recordied in Logic - for me anyway.

in Ableton Live, if i touch the pads, the scenes change in Maschine, but in Logic, they don't ... unless i record it :confused:

sowari
  5. TechnoG0D

TechnoG0D NI Product Owner

In logic you need to record the scene changes. It seems to only transmit the program change messages during record. There may be an option for Midi settings in Logic to change that behavior. I will have to look into it.
  6. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator

Probably a midi filter on program change in preference.
  7. res308

res308 Forum Member

So this weekend me no time...
    I just made a template for reason's combinator to show that it's possible.
    Planning on making an advanced template wich will let you use the transport control and change tracks / patches ...

rename the uploaded zip file to ncc and import using the controller editor

First how to set midi:
    reason > preferences > keyboards and control surfaces > add > manufacturer = other > name > for ease of use enter maschine > midi input = maschine controller midi input port 0

controllers:
    knob 1-4 = combinator knob 1-4
    button 1-4 = combinator button 1-4
    knob 7 = modulation wheel
    knob 8 = pitch bend

Attached Files:

8. whynote

whynote NI Product Owner

With both program changes template, here the scenes do not change when recording. It works when I play the song after recording the program change.
  9. ew

ew Moderator

You'd need to echo the MIDI track back to Maschine to hear the changes as you record...

ew
  10. sowari

sowari Moderator

i think this is the problem... trouble is Logic is a pain in the butt when it comes to MIDI and setting up external devices, it is not straightforward (like Ableton Live is). i am not a Logic power user, but i will have a bit of a look today.

but if anyone else has some advice on how to set it up, please do :)

sowari
  11. mattsg27

mattsg27 NI Product Owner

Traktor Template

This is a slick little template I use for Traktor Pro. Two pages on the Groups (A and E) for the majority of control.

It's a good start, but could be developed some more. I've just been to lazy to do it ;) Included a picture and TSI file to go along.

Attached Files:

12. whynote

whynote NI Product Owner

Can you explain please how you do it.
    Thx a lot
  13. MouthOfSaturn

MouthOfSaturn Forum Member

Anyone happen to have a template to use the Maschine hardware with DFH Superior or EZDrummer?
  14. sowari

sowari Moderator

?

isn't there already an EZDrummer Template?

sowari
  15. MouthOfSaturn

MouthOfSaturn Forum Member

Oh really? Mind pointing me to it?

FOUND IT THANK YOU!
  16. allenmorganaudio

allenmorganaudio Forum Member

Where is the Superior/Ez Drummer template?
  17. sowari

sowari Moderator

there is no Superior Template but the EZDrummer Template is with the other Factory Templates. you should see it as an option if you open your Controller Editor Software, and go to Template ->Edit -> Append -> Toontrack EZDrummer.

more info in the Controller Editor Manual ;)

sowari
  18. allenmorganaudio

allenmorganaudio Forum Member

19. BobTheDog

BobTheDog NI Product Owner

Well it doesn't seem straightforward in Live either!

For me Live doesn't record program changes from the machine template.

Has anyone got this working with live, I have searched the manual to no avail.

Cheers

Andy
  20. sowari

sowari Moderator

for me Live reads the programme changes from the Maschine Program Changes Template. have you loaded it into your Controller Editor application?

there are details on the Knowledge Base (you need to Log In):

http://www.native-instruments.com/k...d the scene switches in my sequencer project?

out of interest, have you tried using MIDI clips in Live to change the programs/scenes in Maschine?

sowari