1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Native HID support for Denon DN-s 3700

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by djmasterp, Oct 17, 2011.

1. djmasterp

djmasterp Forum Member

and don't forget to implement spinning platter support.. these babies are the coolest CD players on this planet
  2. Bkag

Bkag Forum Member

Have you tried hybrid mode? The platters spin and you have full midi mapability
  3. bigboibbp

bigboibbp NI Product Owner

while i normally always agree that more hid support will help in the long run, i gotta say it probably won't be worth the money to make the 3700 hid work... the devon 3900 will be released soon enough thus discontinuing the 3700
  4. snoborder101

snoborder101 New Member

1. There are a lot of 3700 owners out there.
    2. I doubt the 3700 will be discontinued anytime soon as they both offer different features
    3. The main reason I bought traktor scratch pro 2 was because of Denons certified mixer. It's rather annoying to have a mixer with support from Traktor, and tables with support from serato.

If serato and other companies offer it, then why cant we get it here. I'd rather run a soundcard than have a cdj that I can't fully use and properly scratch with.
  5. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

You guys don't know how to get your 3700s display to work with traktor yet?

Although they are not officially natively supported you can get them to work like if it was.
  6. snoborder101

snoborder101 New Member

Doesn't fix sticker drift. :/
  7. DJ Priminista

DJ Priminista NI Product Owner

+1
  8. seanshow

seanshow New Member

If this is true, I would love to know how. I have been trying to map mine and I am close to giving in.

I have 2 x 3700s running through the audio 10 into my macbook pro but they do not work as expected.

For example, Deck A has full platter control when I press play on the physical deck.
    Pressing play on Deck B for some reason stops the platter control and I have to change the mode within Traktor. Pressing the play button to then pause my tune reverts it again.

All I want to do is set up Traktor to map the controls of the deck exactly as Denon intend it to be used - i.e. all the buttons, lights and displays to work exactly as they do in CD Mode but as a midi controller with full platter control in TSP2. Once set up I can then make amendments as I would like.

Is this possible and how do I map it? Where do I begin?
    I know there are posts relating to TSI's on here but they just don't seem to do what I need or I have some problems. Another example of this is that I load a TSI for Deck A and then when I select Deck B in controller manager, the same TSI seems to be assigned Why would this be?

Finally, would buying a midi mixer get around this problem?

Ideally, I need a TSP2 expert to come over and set this up for me!

Any help gratefully received. I am starting to wish I'd just bought the CDJ2000's :(
  9. Bkag

Bkag Forum Member

Do you have them set in hybrid midi mode? What is the timecode freq. set to on the decks? When in hybrid midi mode the decks should send out timecode through the rcas on the back of the players, these should go into the A10 and into traktor (make sure the decks are set to scratch control). Then you need usb cables from the players directly into the computer. Each deck then needs a mapping and should work.
  10. seanshow

seanshow New Member

Hi Bkag,

Yes, I have them in Hybrid mode with a frequency of 2.0kHz.
    The Audio 10 is set up correctly.

How do I ensure that the decks are always set to Scratch Control?

I have set each deck with a mapping but one works and the other doesn't. I have checked the channels of each deck and that seems okay.

I am at such a loss and so frustrated that I am tempted to just sell my Denon's and buy decks which are natively supported.
  11. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

12. snoborder101

snoborder101 New Member

I was right there with you. I ended up selling mine anyway to go back to analogs. Picked up some stanton str8-150s and love em. Anyway, I was having a lot of the same issues you are. Here's what I can tell you from what I remember.

Everytime I loaded traktor I would have re-setup the tsi files after both 3700s were turned on. Deck a would usually turn on fine, but deck b would never turn on on start up. The funny thing is, when picking the in/out ports it would list two denon 3700s, but not denon 3700 - 1 denon 3700 -2(this is how it did it when I used pc). This made it somewhat confusing when loading the tsi files, but as long as you load the top denon 3700 for deck a, and the bottom one for deck b, you should be good.

Also, what midi channel do you have the 3700's set to?

In order to have the track names come up, you will also have to load the 4500 tsi that already comes on traktor. I can't remember what you set the in/out ports to however. I believe it is (in: none / out: all)
  13. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

This is correct, every time that you start up traktor only one player will be picked up.

For me it takes about 4 clicks to get the other deck up and running.

In the video I posted I showed how to quickly find and set up the proper in/out ports.

It sucks that I got to do this every time but it's only an inconvenience for me.
  14. seanshow

seanshow New Member

Thanks guys.

Are you saying that I should be able to use DN-S1200 tsi's or that they are natively supported because I don't seem to be able to add them as 1200's.

I can get the second deck to work now but it is still not as I would wish.
    The midi mapper is one of the least intuitive interfaces I have ever seen!
  15. snoborder101

snoborder101 New Member

No you cannot use the 1200 tsi's as far as I know. You can use the 4500 tsi if you want the track names to come up on the 3700.