Native Instruments have been really quite lately

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Upright, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raspa

raspa NI Product Owner

What a stupid post Please ban this guy.....
  2. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

hey hey easy with the ban talk this isn't an elegancy contest :)
    it wasn't that bad.

I'll tell you what's bad, everywhere I go for pancakes the only kind of syrup they have is maple, I freakin can't stand maple syrup I'm a Mrs. Buttersworth man myself and after all these years I just can't take it anymore. I'm going to start taking a bottle of Mrs. Buttersworth with me to the pancake house you know what I'm sayin.

anyways about these beatmachines man anybody else think it's about to get hot up in this piece, I certainly do! I was upset when I saw the nice sampling features on the f1/traktor but now I'm thinking Native has to be scrambling cause allot of us have been waiting for 3 years for some over the counter features, then akai comes along and reads all of the feature request and trys to get a jump on it, and then native either really stepping on their own feet with this f1 or they're smarter than that and about to drop some whoopity whoo :) .... and I'm taking door #3
  3. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Native Instruments have been really quite lately...

23 pages and counting... does anyone else have an opinion?
  4. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

(To me) The GR shell doesn't seem to be all that important or that much of an impediment. There are plenty of other SSL, and softube plugins out there, you can always just buy those instead. NI chose to do their plugins on their GR platform. NI in general likes to create platforms to monetize their products. Kontakt, Reaktor, and Guitar Rig are the same in this respect. It's not always ideal. I would love to have The Mouth and The Finger as standalone plugins outside of Reaktor. I would love to have Razor outside of reaktor (actually as a coded plugin, maybe that would increase its performance as its a bit heavy on cpu). I can't really blame NI for this, there are so many guitar amp emulators out there now (including some that come with you DAW), so to keep the product alive they've basically turned into an effects unit.

What they should do is completely rewrite GR with this in mind. Re-design the interface a bit to make routing easier and more robust. Allow the plugins to hide all the unnecessary bits so that it feels like you are running just a plugin but the shell is still there. Kind of like reaktor player plugins. Actually this is what T-Racks does.
  5. charater

charater Account Suspended

hey man calm down.... its ok dude. i aint here to have issues with people... we are having a healthy discussion sharing our strong views...

I have not even bought the product... sure I have researched it hence why im spreading my views on what i believe could help out Ni and something that might or could be fixed....calm down dude. its ok! i love you
    ---
    ohh also this isnt even related to maschine, its just in general... I would like to be able to call up the transients or comps in ableton or protools without having to load guitar rig... do u get it? xoxo
    ---
    I agree... if you go around and ban guys like yaren and others hamburgler and that, you cant just let this go on.
    ---
    yeh very true... what im more getting at at the overall topic is that it would be great to be able to use these stand alone... like id like to just load up say abbey roads without using kontakt,, or grab the vintage organs etc etc.... i know we cannot blame them however it would be something they should think about...

ohh yeh of course there are other plugins, however for the price of NIs vintage comp serioues, its amazing how good these things sound man...

t-racks?
  6. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Yeah for the price they are pretty damn impressive.

Anyway, check out T-Racks as well if youwant cheap with decent sound.
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com/t-racks/features/
  7. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

i missed ni's hint via keir but that would suggest all prayers are being asnwered with this next update and judging by the fact it is shrouded in mystery im thinking this is gonna be a biggie.

it aint gonna be no 1.8 or 1.9 im talking nothing less the 2.0 cos they know they gotta have a amazing featureset to combat the ren
  8. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

nobody bans me boy :angry: I'm too powerful:lol:
  9. sowari

sowari Moderator

guys chill...

i don't want to close another thread... but i will.

sowari
  10. gavspav

gavspav NI Product Owner

24 pages and no word from NI. That really is quiet.

Perhaps they are busy making music :p
  11. Upright

Upright NI Product Owner

Yeah....that's pretty quiet. It's coming....and it's gonna be big....just gotta wait for it.
  12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

or there working on some next level timestretch alogrithm
  13. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

They're in the zone, no internets till it's done. :lol:
  14. wonkey Donkey

wonkey Donkey Forum Member

Or busy making soundpacks...
  15. raspa

raspa NI Product Owner

Or developing a new controller....
  16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Or just speculating about what a development team of a music software company is doing...
  17. wonkey Donkey

Akai?
  18. Keir @ NI

Keir @ NI Community Man NI Team

I've been busy lurking and summarising key points from this (and other) threads (and forums) for the team.

There will be an opportunity for me to pass on some info soon, until then don't make sowari or b-righteous too angry ;)

I'll keep you posted as and when, in the meantime if you have any questions drop me a PM.
  19. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Doubtful. NI are way ahead of the game in this particular variation of the sport. In research, implementation and general experience.

My comment was just a subtle poke at what (pretty much) everyone is doing in this thread. Perhaps too subtle... :p
  20. wonkey Donkey

I was being facetious. Sorry. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.