1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Need help loading NKC/NKX FILES

Discussion in 'Third-Party Sample Libraries' started by webbb82, Oct 27, 2012.

1. webbb82

webbb82 New Member

NKC / NKX FILES. I have 7 gigs of samples that are in 6 files that are in nkc and nkx format. I found a post that said you need to load them in the libraries first and it will then work. but when i navigate to the folder where the nkc files are KOntakt says "no libraries Found" If anyone knows how to fix this I would really be great full to who ever can help me out.

Someone PLEASE HELP..
  2. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

Hello webbb82 and welcome to the forum.

What product are these from?

Do the Instrument .nki filers load OK?
  3. webbb82

webbb82 New Member

hey DarkStar
    the files are from a big fish audio set and the . and all i have are .NKC FILES AND NKX FILES NO NKI files
  4. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NI Product Owner

You can't do anything without NKI files - those are the actual instruments that contain mapped samples that you play out when you load them in Kontakt. Moreover, you need a <library name>_info.nkx file (Kontakt 4) or <library name>.nicnt (Kontakt 5) files in order to even be able to add the library via "Add Library" function.
  5. DarkStar

DarkStar NI Product Owner

Sounds like you need to contact Big Fish about the missing files.

If you can post which product it is, then someone else with the same product can post what files they have.

Also, I think that the .nkc files are some sort of "NI Kontakt Cache" files. I have seen them created when first accessing a .nkx file by loading .nki files that reference that .nkx file)
  6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon NI Product Owner

NKC files contain pointers to the locations of all files in the monolith.