1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

New to Maschine . Full Level pads and turn off note off in samples

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Smerz, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smerz

Smerz New Member

Hey guys! Im a newbie. I just got my Maschine last night.

Im sure someone has posted this before but I did a search and could not find an answers. I have 2 questions so far:

1. How do you turn the pads to Full Level? I've read to hit the keyboard button and change to full but I dont see that option.

2. How do I set a sample to play all the way out when I hit the pad? Now I have to hold the pad to play the entire sample. I sampled to the maschine and edited it.

Like many Im coming from a MPC also.

Any response will be appreciated.
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

First, can I ask if you've looked at the manual at all? If not, I recommend it. You'll learn a lot and then if you've still got questions the forum is a good place to ask them (provided your searches come up with nothing).

What version are you running? The fixed velocity option is in the PAD MODE menu, I believe. Not something I use though.

Increase the release if the sampler is in ADSR mode.
  3. ozricman

ozricman Forum Member

for full velocity to the pads press pad button+button 5 in the same time

for sample to play all the way you have to go to the pitch/gate page of the sound and then change the type to oneshot but first you have to select the corensponding sound/pad you want to edit
  4. Smerz

Smerz New Member

Thanks guys.

I have version 1.5.

I read the manual it came with but its not helpful. Is there another manual out there?
  5. THE WIDOWMAKER

THE WIDOWMAKER NI Product Owner

SET TO ONE SHOT! one hit plays the entire thing!

please read your manual ;-)
  6. ozricman

ozricman Forum Member

for sample to play all the way you have to go to the pitch/gate page of the sound and then change the type to oneshot but first you have to select the corensponding sound/pad you want to edit

lastninja64 Forum Member

The manual is under your start menu / programs / Native Instruments / Maschine / Documentation. I gather you have only read the getting started so far.
  8. ozricman

ozricman Forum Member

i dont want to argument whith anyone here but smerz question was how to play a sample with one hit and not if he should read the manual or not
  9. Smerz

Smerz New Member

Thanks guys. Ill look further into the manuals. You guys are hard on a newbie lol
    ---
    Thanks Ozricman! Im sure everyone had questions before and after reading the manual.
  10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Yes, but the point is that many of the questions can be answered by reading the manual. I brought it up because I think it's good advice. The reference manual does answer a lot of questions you might have.

We all want each other to enjoy using Maschine, I'm sure. The manual facilitates that enjoyment. Even if it might seem to inhibit it at first!
  11. lastninja64

lastninja64 Forum Member

I didn't realise the manual was in a PDF, can't believe the Maschine didn't come with a printed manual so I thought the getting started was everything I need to read at first until I found the 250 page manual. :)
  12. flux302

flux302 NI Product Owner

they must have stopped printing the full manual (which is a good idea in my opinion)
    Mine came with a full manual but that is sooooo outdated now. 1.0)
    besides.... the way the manual is set up.. if you can't use it to figure out probably 90% of any questions you would have than you have much larger issues than the manual ;) I love that you can just type in what you wanna know and it takes you right there.... we've come a long way from the insane algebraic speak that akai gave with it's mpcs back in the day lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.