1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

New to TRAKTOR, can't see my track keys in Browser

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Mcewan71, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Mcewan71

Mcewan71 New Member

Hi all,

Am new here! I just got TRAKTOR LE via bundled software with a Numark Mix Pro the other day, and after a few hiccups got that up & running, and was particularly pleased to see a column containing key info for each track (seemingly regardless of whether it was in my itunes library or not, i.e. whether it was imported from a generic 'my music' file) as I'm bit of a fan of harmonic mixing. However, I've upgraded now to TRAKTOR 2.0 PRO, gone through the manual set-up, especially regards the browser, and can't see a key column anywhere.

Just to say:
    1. Key information for certain tracks is showing up in the decks after uploading tracks there, presumably once they've been analysed (am in the process of doing a full analysis, and made sure key info was ticked in the options in the analysis tabs, with BPM, beatgrids etc).
    2. I have seen some posts mentioning that key info will be displayed in the browser columns once all imported tracks have been analysed. Is that definitely the case? i.e. will a column then appear like in LE between bpm and rating? Seems a bit weird that even while importing the keys for all tracks were displayed in LE in a browser column, but not in 2.0 PRO.

I have double and triple checked the options in the 'browsers' tab in the preferncesw menu, and there is no space for 'key', only: show preview player, cover art, playlist favourites, track info (with no obvious option to edit this) and status bar. I see that in the preferences menu in both LE & 2.0 in 'analyse options' it has the same options to display the key in Traktor and the file tags.

am I missing something really obvious here, or is this a difference between LE & 2.0? I think I get that the way all software reads keys is through the file tags..but I don't think anything has changed in my file tags in itunes and elsewhere since upgrading to 2.0.

If anyone can think of a fix round this I'd be very grateful. This is now the 4th day trying to get my PC (new laptop VAIO, 4GB, Intel core i5, although I did previously have LE on my desktop PC as my laptop being windows 8 had several issues with things!), TRAKTOR, my Numark & itunes all co-ordinating and working ok so my brain is a bit frazzled. I was going to buy Mixed In Key, but searches online seem to indicate similar problems with that interfacing with TRAKTOR.

Any help very gratefully received, ta!