New update 1.7.2 problem

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ihavequestions, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ihavequestions

ihavequestions Forum Member

i have some problem controlling ableton live
    i had 1.7.1 waited for this 1.7.2 update and still is not working i followed the maschine manual to control live also i check dubspot video on youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcbjOm1uhY"]Using Ableton Live w/ Native Instruments' Maschine for Production & Performance - YouTube[/ame]

and still nothing i mean it works good after few minutes it freezes up
    the pads = lights stop blinking which it confuses me to see the clips are playing in ableton after a while stops controlling it the hardware maschine
    button note repeat stops blinking scences and patterns stop blinking

what am i doing wrong ?
    am running macbook pro 10.6.8 snow leopard,ableton live 8.2 maschine 1.7.2, traktor pro 2 latest version i forgot .. and audio 10 dj on xone 92
    i need some help or technical support i made a ticket and nothing ..
    any step by step tutorial ?
  2. Tony Cagnoni

Tony Cagnoni Forum Member

are you using usb hub?happens to me....go to
    Audio MIDI Setup and check how many maschine you have.....if you have 2 maschine delete one of them...ableton exit and reenter......sorry for my english
  3. ricanstruction71

ricanstruction71 NI Product Owner

This issue has been ongoing since Maschine 1.5 (I think according to other posts...search for the threads...I've even posted as well)...I have a similar setup as yours....Mac Pro, Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Ableton Live 8.2.7, Maschine 1.7.2 and every update fixes a few things but this....many Mac users have complained about this and the only workaround is sadly to just use a MIDI template with Maschine Controller Editor and use Maschine with Ableton's MIDI Remote and assign pads and knobs to your layout like you would any other standard MIDI controller.
    And it has nothing to do with Audio MIDI setup because I only have one Maschine listed....Hopefully NI gets on the ball with fixing this.

BTW, you didn't do anything wrong....it's a bug. :)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  4. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

Thanks that has helped me have removed extra Maschine entry and it works
  5. ihavequestions

thank u guys well
    tony
    no even if i use it without a hub it still stops working
    then u mean audio midi setup from inside the mac ? or maschine or ableton ? then is a bug like

ricanstruction71 says
    thanks btw bro u mean it would only work good only if i assign it myself ? oh man this bug so is it NI ? or ableton ? maybe reinstall ableton oh no ! so how can i make it work ther gotta be some solution
    is ther any known dj that controls ableton with maschine ? maybe he should know what can we do ?
  6. ricanstruction71

Yeah this has been an ongoing bug reported by many NI users here that still hasn't been fixed. The workaround is just to create your own template in the Controller editor (or use the default template in the controller editor) and assign all your clips, parameters, etc. in Live to your pads and knobs via Live's MIDI Remote. Make sure you remove the Maschine Controller and the ports in Live's MIDI preferences at the top....just assign the Maschine MIDI IN and OUT ports at the bottom along with REMOTE so you can still use Maschine as a MIDI controller and thyen you can assign your clips and parameters to your pads and knobs to your likeness. It's not the same as the video tutorial as we both tried to do as the pads will not blink with feedback but it's the only reliable solution until this bug gets acknowledged or fixed by NI. For the record, mine is hooked on my Mac Pro's USB port and not a hub so the hub theory is out. Hope my info was helpful man. ;)
    ---
    Forgot to mention, reinstalling Ableton will not fix this....that's not the issue.
  7. ihavequestions

oh wow a lot homework to do am not good at midi mapping enough with traktor now ableton that really looks like a real pain
    ill wait for the bug to fix. thers no video tutorial

but thank u man at least i have it here just in case i try to do this seems really hard to do it i have to read it carefully
    at least this help me to not look anymore for this bug i though something was happening on the mac or maschine
    thank u guys for the help ;)
    btw does anyone here knows where to read or find any tutorials about send and returns fx on xone 92 i wana get the juice out of the mixer i want to understand more ins and outs :)
  8. siamak.baghdadi

siamak.baghdadi New Member

Hi

Could you help me please?

I updated my Maschine
    Now , when I choose a voice from a Bank / Type / Subtype , and check the voice by pressing the pad , I can’t change it with the Next button , because it doesn't exist anymore inside of that subtype . . . (in Display)
    It dropped out of the bank I was working on…
    What can I do ?

many tanks
  9. trux

trux NI Product Owner

i noticed that too :(
  10. Tony Cagnoni

I can not speak English well...ask oldgit,he understood what I mean and it works
    when it attacks maschine a second time
    in the "Mac audio MIDI setup" Mac instead of a finds two maschine
    go to audio MIDI setup and delete one maschine
    ableton live exit e reenter
    VIEW PHOTO

22222.jpeg
  11. ricanstruction71

I understood Tony but ihavequestions and I do not have two Maschines listed in our Mac Audio MIDI Setup window....only one Maschine is listed in my Mac Audio MIDI Setup window and I assume the same for ihavequestions...I don't use a USB hub and ihavequestions said he tried it without the hub with the same problems...oldgit, are you on a Mac Pro? In any case I already filed a report to NI like so many other Mac Pro users did to address this issue and still await to see if they will resolve it.
  12. trux

trux NI Product Owner

i have a solution for ya - something i figured out a couple of months ago. it is something i have to do on my mac book pro to get maschine to work in midi mode:

drum roll... :D

0. turn maschine on to midi mode, shift > control
    1. go to your mac audio midi setup
    2. go to window > show midi window (if you are still on leopard or earlier, midi will be a tab)
    3. go to the configuration drop down and make a new one, i called mine maschine, but the name doesn't matter.
    4. switch from one config to a diff config and all your midi devices get refreshed, and midi mode now works perfectly!
    5. ?
    6. Profit!

let me know if that works for you dudes who are having trouble getting maschine into midi mode.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  13. ricanstruction71

Sorry buddy....that solution doesn't work either....pads stop blinking after 10-20 minutes and it goes back to the same problem everyone has posted about before....no profit for you :D

But worth the try. I think NI seriously has to look into it as I suspect it's a MIDI bug and I know they're reworking the MIDI Out for a future update so hopefully that reworking fixes issues with this.
  14. ihavequestions

tony come hai fatto per aggiungere una foto in questo post comunque ho provato a vedere e non c'ho un usb attaccato al laptop ameno che sia l usb di maschine cmq grazie proverò.. :) Modena e New York.

iiiiii i will try that out today buddy thanks. rican says it didn't work for him but let's see
  15. trux

trux NI Product Owner

ahh sorry to hear that didn't work for you guys! we have a seattle meet up group and we were able to get our maschines working in ableton using that trick :/

the only differences with my set up is that i'm now running lion, but i was able to get it to work with leopard.

and, for the template i'm using mackie control with ableschine and a user remote script inside ableton.
  16. Tony Cagnoni

per aggiungere la foto ho cliccato sulla graffetta disegnata con scritto "attachments" e ho fatto l upload...............Sardinia Island :)
  17. deejayollie

deejayollie Forum Member

Hey dudes,

Do you know if they ever fixed that bug w/ Ableton and Maschine w/ the pads not blinking when clips are launched?

Thanks,

Ollie
  18. TheStreisandEffect

TheStreisandEffect Forum Member