1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

No Sound

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by MMF, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMF

MMF New Member

hi guys,

I bought maschine but after installing the software and updating it, i get no sound. I can see the bars playing when i press play to play templates but no sound there.

what is the problem?

Thanks in advance
  2. sowari

sowari Moderator

welcome :)

Mac or PC?

what do you mean by Templates on this occasion?

have you checked your Maschine Audio Settings?

sowari
  3. MMF

MMF New Member

4. ew

ew Moderator

Yeah- you have all the Maschine outputs set to the same physical pair; that's not going to work (and shouldn't be happening). Reselect your outputs in the routings menu.

ew
  5. ArtistName

ArtistName Forum Member

http://alnuaimyserver.com/screenshots/s03.jpg

Out 1&2 are routed to the digital output, not the line one. Do you monitor from the line out? If so, just change that.

(I'm constantly annoyed by MASCHINE defaulting to the digital in/out over the line one. Have to change it every time I go back from using Soundflower. Please fix that in a future patch and make MASCHINE remember the configuration for each device!)
  6. ew

ew Moderator

?

Maschine should remember that- it does here. I'm wondering if Soundflower's not hijacking your settings.

And, if you reset it to use Soundflower, of course Maschine's going to remember your last audio settings. That's only logical IMO.

ew
  7. ArtistName

ArtistName Forum Member

I agree that it's logical, but it's certainly not doing that here. Latest update, Mac Pro / OSX Leopard. Every time I switch audio devices the routing etc. is back to default. I don't see how Soundflower could possibly hijack/change these settings, it's something stored by and internal to MASCHINE, Soundflower has no way of even knowing about them.

But it's good to hear that it works for you, which means it's already implemented and just needs to be fixed.
  8. MMF

MMF New Member

What a wonderful forum, solved my problem in minutes.

Thank you Guys....
  9. ew

ew Moderator

Not necessarily- I'm a Windows user.

ew
  10. ArtistName

ArtistName Forum Member

Hmm, yes, maybe it's just broken / not implemented in the Mac version. Can any other Mac user here confirm this behavior?
  11. ew

ew Moderator

You're missing the point- if Soundflower resets your audio preferences (maybe by demanding exclusive rights over the driver), it's not a bug; that's on Soundflower.

ew
  12. ArtistName

ArtistName Forum Member

Those are MASCHINE's audio preferences, and if any program is responsible for remembering them it's MASCHINE. How would Soundflower possibly even know about the internal audio routing of some other piece of software? Those are not system wide settings that can be hijacked or have anything to do with any drivers, those are the private preferences of MASCHINE and only it is responsible if they get changed around. Also, it's not like other software has this issue with Soundflower.
  13. ew

ew Moderator

No- you're missing the point. If you have something selected in Maschine as far as an interface goes, that choice will remain unless another app claims priority.

ew
  14. ArtistName

ArtistName Forum Member

ew, please at least read my post before constantly accusing me of missing the point ;-)

I never said that my selected audio interface gets changed, I complained that MASCHINE does not remember the routing settings for each audio device. The line out and digital out are on the same audio interface. By default the routing tab is setup to have channel 1&2 go to the digital out, 2&3 to go to the line out. Meaning that a typical MASCHINE song will only sound on the digital out. I have to reverse this routing every time I change audio interfaces. Hence my complaint about MASCHINE not saving its routing settings for each interface. This has absolutely nothing to do with the system wide audio interface settings, it's a purely internal MASCHINE thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.