Numark Omni Control crashing problem

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by rydomc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydomc

rydomc New Member

hey guys I have a problem with my omni controller, it keeps crashing during when the music is playing, has this to do with the optional 6v dc power supply?
  2. TomDooley0075

TomDooley0075 NI Product Owner

maybe.

Many problems are based on power consumption of the controllers/USB devices.

Also look to the settings of the complete USB power management.
  3. orchnite

orchnite New Member

You could try to use a different usb port, some ports only handle a low output.

If you have a powered usb hub you can use this to test as it will draw the power from the hub and not the pc.

I run my omnicontrol without a separate power supply, and don't have any issues.

As TomDooley0075 suggests you can tell your usb ports not to power down to save power. The easiest way is to set windows power management to High performance (assuming windows os)
  4. TomDooley0075

TomDooley0075 NI Product Owner

also check:
    - the USB cable, only use a high quality, shielded cable (maybe equipped with a ferrite core around)
    - the environment close to your computer/controller > is there any transforming, electrical device (desktop lights, printer power adaptor)

hope that helps!
  5. rydomc

rydomc New Member

thx guys for your reply's, I seted power management to high performance and it works okay =D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.