1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

paranormal spectrums alternative

Discussion in 'KORE' started by spencerday, Apr 3, 2012.

1. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

I was not quick enough off the mark and really like the sound of thus kore pack, can anyone recommend any other products that could be an alternative to this like sample packs or softsynths?

i would really like something similar, obviously it wont be as good as this but i dont imagine i will ever manage to get hold of this so any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.
    many thanks
    Spencer
  2. iain.morland

iain.morland Forum Member

I missed this one too!

Sonic Laboratory may get you part of the way there. This is a sample library which I designed for Precisionsound. They're not chromatically playable instruments, but there are some very creepy hits and effects, particularly in the 'Reversed', 'Stings', and 'Tonal - Dark' categories.

While you're there you might like to check out Biosphere, which includes some supernatural ambiences (I used a fairly broad definition of 'bio' to include 'the undead'... MUHAHA!)

For chromatically playable instruments you might check out the Absynth factory library - it includes plenty of patches with a sinister tone.

Hope this helps.
  3. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

thanks for the reply iain will check them out.
  4. OzRob

OzRob Forum Member

Spencer, did you get True Strike Tension? Between it and Absynth you'd easily be able to create similar instruments to PS in Kore. TBH, Paranormal Spectrums had some good basic sounds but the morphing was really mediocre, so if you have some creativity, you're certainly not missing anything.
  5. clementshawes

clementshawes Forum Member

I think that there's a good selection of PS sounds in the free compilation packs if you can still find them about the interwebs
  6. iain.morland

I have Compilation 1 and 2 installed here and I'm afraid there are no Paranormal Spectrum sounds in them.
  7. clementshawes

Whilst I don't advocate piracy at all - NI refuse to provision any legit means of obtaining Kore packs and yet to offer any updated versions so I guess you can always look for the pack in the usual dark corners of the web and extract the samples.

I'd, personally, throw a load of money at NI if they'd let me buy the packs I'm still after but NI don't want my business or money apparently.

I'm under the impression trades aren't possible as I'd give my right arm for the North India pack!
    ---
    oh? uhm - sorry - I genuinely thought that there were some of the sounds in A compilation pack. I do own the full PS so maybe I just have a dirty library or something.

My bad for the false info though, not intended.
  8. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

@ ozrob
    unfortunatley no i didn't, I doubt i will ever manage to get anyone to part with kore sound packs now so may have to look elsewhere (like kontact maybe) and create my own. I

I have found some nice stuff in absynth so thanks for the tips guys.

has anyone used any of the heavyocity stuff ?
  9. OzRob

OzRob Forum Member

The Mutate button is a really good friend in Absynth ;)

I have Evolve and Mutations 1 & 2. Excellent stuff.
  10. iain.morland

Glad you found some useful stuff.

Don't forget that you could use the Biosphere sounds as sample-based oscillators in Absynth... ;-)
  11. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

@ ozrob, i just managed to get true strike tension on ebay for £10 cheers for letting me know about that one
  12. OzRob

OzRob Forum Member

Did you ensure the license could be transferred? I was under the impression that Kore soundpack licenses can no longer be shifted. Good to know if that's not the case.
  13. clementshawes

I remember reading that applied to downloadable products only - though I hope this is the case as I've just paid for the North India pack (in DVD format).
  14. OzRob

OzRob Forum Member

I think you're right.
  15. clementshawes

Lets hope so... ;-)
  16. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

i will soon find out as i have bought quite a few in one order so i was told that i can, these are downloaded versions though.

as it is through paypal i can always dispute it if i cannot register them as the advert clearly states :

These have been de-registered from my NI account,so it is like registering a new product.....

surely they would have told him if they could not be re registered ?

can anyone clarify this for definate as i have not paid for them yet and could always ask hime about it.
  17. clementshawes

I know NI aren't keen on transferring download licenses - fwiw, when I sold Maschine to a friend, I gave him the serial for the Komplete Elements Maschine Edition I'd been sent - NI deleted that serial and re-issued a new one to him.

I'm pretty sure that I have an email from support stating that I wouldn't be able to re-register a previously downloaded pack - I could be, and for your-sake hope to be, wrong.

Though I can't CONFIRM one way or the other as to whether transferring the serials on a download-only product which they've downloaded, I do know that NI's T&C's state download products AREN'T transferable.

Perhaps Sowari might be a good authority on this - or maybe even send Keir a PM?
  18. spencerday

spencerday Forum Member

Well like I say the guy said they have been de registered and can be re registered and if I cannot use them I can dispute on paypal or I may even have a further conversation with him regarding the matter before I pay him or even cancel the order.
  19. clementshawes

I have no doubt that NI would happily de-register the serials but I am almost certain that NI's stance is that downloadable products aren't transferable; IF NI do honour your purchase though, I'd be wary to others to make enquiries BEFORE sending money to people for soundpacks.

I've yet to find out if my DVD of North India is/can be transferred.

DO let us know though Spencer, if nothing else then it'll be cool to have new blood discussing soundpacks :)
  20. clementshawes

Just for info sake, I have got the reg code for my North India Kore pack so I can vouch for the physical media being transferable - at least in my case