rane sl1 with TSP?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by holyct, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holyct

holyct Forum Member

well, if audio 8 dj is just a sound card, then will we be able to plug in Rane SL1 into my laptop and launch TSP and spinning with traktor vinyl? Since all clubs using Serato.
  2. Rasmuffin

Rasmuffin NI Product Owner

No. Scratch requires Audio 8 DJ or Audio 4 DJ. And, a soundcard is not just a soundcard.
  3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Just like you can't use the Audio 8 DJ with SSL for timecode control.

If the SL1 had better ASIO drivers, you could use it with software control in Traktor.
  4. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Wow, people are still asking this?
  5. DJ_Maggi

DJ_Maggi Account Suspended

because some hip hop "profi" use this old sl1 system, which is very fast....no one thinks about the difference between the hardware...everyone means the latenz are importent...but no one needs this speed in reality ;-)
  6. holyct

holyct Forum Member

well, i am just a starter with TSP and audio 8 dj, but most clubs have serato and no spare mixer channel for my audio 8 dj, and they don't allow unplugging of their serato channel. so i wondering if there is some good solution for this.

I will gonna try this, i believe control vinyl/cds are just having some special audio signals and it is up to the software to interpret them, not hardware. and as i said, i am just a starter, so maybe i am very wrong on this.
  7. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

Wont work. Guaranteed.
  8. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Remember too that for the software, the associated interface/soundcard also functions as a dongle, in that if that product is not detected you can't use timecode. But if you insist on trying, please post up your findings so the next guy doesn't waste his time.
  9. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

In situations like this, I've usually plugged my Audio8 before the Serato box (and used the SL1's bypass cables - ie. the ones that let the sound "through" for normal "non timecode" playback).

So... CDJ-1000 -> Audio8 -> SL1 -> Mixer ... of course, if the original signal is from a turntable (meaning that the bypass cables go into phono input) this is a no-go, since Audio8's output is line-level.
  10. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

uhm - not true, if you're a turntablist... then latency is important. and some other things, too.
  11. nohiphop

nohiphop NI Product Owner

If your using turntables to mix / beatmatch your tracks, I don't believe that a ultra low latency is a must have.
    If you're a scratching dj, this might be different,
    but as I learned from you in another thread, scratching djs therefore don't care about double beats :D
  12. holyct

holyct Forum Member

that's the case then I am convinced, it is not a question of whether possible, but simply "you are not allowed to".

well, so far I havn't able to got my audio 8 dj to the club mixer yet, (only using midi controllers instead). this setup is a bit messy, but well, i hope it will work out for me.
  13. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Moderator

Not allowed is partly what makes it not possible.

Not sure what part of this is being lost in translation.

It will not work my friend. You have a Moderator (me) another Moderator (djquartz) and a man of dubious fashion sense but of high intellect (TeLLy) advising you not to bother trying.

Although i was advised that i would never make it down Cinnamon Hill on my skateboard but i tried and failed ... ouch.

hard way must user learn. [yoda off]
  14. supaxcite

supaxcite Forum Member

I just want to put my 2 cents in if its okay.You can use tsp with the sl1 but only in keyboard or internal mode, no time code.trust i know cause one time there was an sl1 in the spot i was at but no cd player so instead of pulling down sl1 I just went through it with traktor reason was i like my hot key setup better then serato setup.So as for the question if u can use it yes u can only with the keyboard not with timecode hope u kinda understand.
  15. holyct

holyct Forum Member

ya, i gotcha, thanks dude. what i meant is like: it is not a technology limitation that make it impossible, but the design of the system (man-made limitation) make it impossible. I didn't express my idea clearly, but anyway, i got your full point.
  16. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Moderator

therefore i said turntablist and not someone who uses turntables ;)

hahaha, nice try :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.