RC 24 and RC48 will not install

Discussion in 'STUDIO FX' started by jellee69, May 3, 2013.

1. jellee69

jellee69 New Member

I received the email with the downloads for the RC24 and RC48, each about 13Mb in size. Problem is they don't install. running Win 7, big system, 32Gb Ram, 64bit, its a new system from PCAudioLabs with nothing but audio. This isn't the missing ".exe" that I saw in another email. The file opens and asks if you want to install and you click yes then it just sets there and spins saying it's downloading files, but problem is it's not....It sets up a folder with a long numbered folder name, probably 12-14 digits at least. Inside there are 4 files but each file is 0 bytes in size. It also sets another file in the NI Instruments Folder inside the Programs folder and it has a size of 2 bytes. Very strange. I left this running for 3 hours one time and nothing. I had assumed that maybe it was just the servers being busy. anyway, I've deleted the files removed them, redownloaded, did a search seeing if I could find any other traces and didn't. Rebooted and tried again. No luck. Just for kicks, I downloaded these on a system without Kontakt or Komplete or anything and started the install process to see what might happen and it appeared the RC24 was going to install, at least a different message came up instead of downloading files....I of course stopped it as what good would it do. I need help in getting these to install. Thank you
  2. Ricky Woofer

Ricky Woofer Account Suspended

Weird
    What message did pop up?
    Btw , RC got nothing to do with Komplete or Kontakt its a stand alone vst.
  3. jellee69

jellee69 New Member

RC24 and RC48

It just stalls and says its going to download files after it goes through a stage to recognize my email, etc. Then it just says its going to download files but then nothing.... In fact last night I started it about 6pm, almost 14 hours ago and it was still stalled when I just checked. I can't seem to figure it out.... Thanks for the reply
  4. Ricky Woofer

Sounds like a faulty downloadfile ,i cant understand why its with both the downloads tho.
    Have you contacted NI support about this ? I would contact them explain the problem and ask for new downloadlinks.
    I have to go outdoors now but later this day when im in the studio i will check how my files of RC look exactly.
    I let you know in about 5 hours.
  5. jellee69

jellee69 New Member

Problem solved

Thanks for your help. I tried something just on a lark. Went to another machine and downloaded again. I then tried to install even though it's not one of my audio machines, I only have 6. It actually goes through an opening process and then gives you a choice to copy an executable and another file, and these were about 350Mb each in size. It tells you to copy to a memory stick or whatever and then install on another machine. And that worked! I still don't have a clue why this wouldn't work on several other machines but I finally got it. These are plugins and not stand alones. I've yet to use or see the quality but will check it out. Got quite a few projects going in my new studio, 3 big albums and clients I regularly work with but I'll try and give a report when I do. Ricky, thank you for answering. I do appreciate it. NI was not going to give me any help. I've not ever found them to be helpful. In fact, I purchased an upgrade of Komplete 8 to Komplete 9 Ultimate about 1 week before they announced Komplete 9. Reason was Guitar Center and Sweetwater both said they had no idea when the next version (9) was going to be. And I needed some of the things in Ultimate for one of the albums, the Strings and a couple of other things. Anyway, I get this email announcing Version 9 and I immediately within minutes started contacting NI about the fact I had a brand new copy of Ultimate 8, still boxed and sealed and explaining how I had just purchased the upgrade ($400) from THEIR WEB STORE! And that it was totally sealed so I should get either a free upgrade to 9 or at least a huge discount. We traded correspondence for weeks until finally I got an email from NI that Berlin had decided I could have a $50 discount! I wanted to stick the whole mess up their ASS! What ripoff people! Every other software business gives you a grace period when they upgrade their products. NOT NI! Very obvious they HATE Americans! I wasn't ever going to buy anything from them, but the gal hiring me to produce her album also wanted some of the stuff offered in 9 especially the horns so she paid for it. Otherwise I wouldn't have it. Sorry for the big rant but I do hope someone from NI reads it! Taking advantage of hard working musicians and producers or as I said maybe its just Americans...
  6. Ricky Woofer

Im Dutch and im having problems with them as well at the moment so its not only Americans that they dont help and simply ignore.... I wont go into detail but im not happy with them at all at this point. Not the first time, probally not the last time....

Anyhow , cool that it worked, i wanted to suggest that yesterday but i misread and thought you already tryed on another computer.
    I know its not stand alone, i said stand alone plug in, i meant with that that you dont need Kontakt for it to get it poppin ;)

Have fun bro!