1. The forum software has recently been updated. If you have comments or feedback, please let us know HERE! If you have arrived via a Google search, please use the forum search feature to locate specific information.

Best wishes,
    The NI Team

Reaktor in Logic Pro and Automation

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by reaktorcast, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reaktorcast

reaktorcast NI Product Owner

Hi all
    first post from a keen user in my first year of Reaktor. I am using a G5 1.8 single with 1Gb RAM running OS X 10.3.7

I am looking for some guidance on automating Reaktor ensembles in Logic Pro 7.01. I am using Reaktor 4.1.3 .

I am getting a list of possible parameters to control in my Logic Automation view in the form of a long list of numbers.

I can neither auto write (in Latch Mode) as with other instruments, nor can I discern which number in my list equates to which control on my Reaktor ensemble.

In particular I am using Martin Brinkmanns DSQ32 and wish to turn on and off the channel sound buttons
  2. tymes2

tymes2 NI Product Owner

A question I always wanted to ask (but wasn't afraid) - I found that some instruments send over their names to Logic. AFAIR it was Electronic Instruments Vol1. What do I have to do to modify other ens? I did try sort & renumber ID (or whatever it's called) to no avail...
  3. bowings

bowings NI Product Owner

tymes2 - i haven't seen any ensembles that pass actual parameter names to logic. i tried a few from EIv1, but they didn't pass names either. if you manage to find any that work again, i'd be interested to check them out.

fushima - if you look at the properties for any control there is an id and a global id under automation, and they're not necessarily the same. you can automate a control in logic by using the global id number. unfortunately, this isn't very elegant to use in reverse - if all you know is that you're automating P0211, you'll either just have to see what moves when you hit play or search through every control in the ensemble until you find it.

another problem is that in dsq-32 the max id for 7drum is set to a lower value than the max id in use, so in order to get automation working you have to set the max id for the instrument to a value at least equal to max id in use - 119 in the case of 7drum. then the previously out of range control ids will acquire a global id number (where they had a couple of dashes before). for the parameters i think you're asking about the values i got when i changed the max id value were 211-217. i was able to write automation in latch mode with faders, but not switches. i'm not sure why switches don't work. all in all automation is not very easy to use. hopefully ni and apple will eventually get it sorted out.
  4. tymes2

tymes2 NI Product Owner

I have tried all of EI Vol1 and they delivered loads of parameter names and also automated in Touch mode by altering parameters during playback. Parameter naming seems to include the macro, which helps because they can get very cryptic. I then checked the R4 library: Carbon (see attached screenshot) and Matrix both had parameter names, automation in Touch mode worked as mentioned above.
    Next in line was Sinator. Guess what - it had 25 parameters by name, the rest was "reserved". The same with Shephard filter, druMMer v3, full of main, LIFE, and It's Gonna Grain2 - where I stopped checking. Those that didn't work had they parameters tagged as "unused". I would very much appreciate if someone with more insight (NI?!) would post a method of steps to follow in order to make things work.

Attached Files:

5. tymes2

tymes2 NI Product Owner

... all this in Logic 6.3.1 under OS 9.2.2 btw.
  6. bowings

bowings NI Product Owner

i'm using logic 7. that's probably the problem.
  7. tymes2

tymes2 NI Product Owner

Does any of you knowledgeable people around here have a clue of what's required to do with an ens in order to make parameter names visible in a VST host? Any tips greatly appreciated!
  8. haris

haris NI Product Owner

Yes, I am interested in this too ;)

Hopefully someone figured it out (by now) and will read this post!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.